Thursday, January 9, 2014

2013: Resolutions My Way

My resolutions are based on fun. And nothing inspires more fun for me than a visit to one of my favorite places: Disney! It has become the inspiration for my final "January kick-off/year-in-review" posts. I'm in the parks enough that they should be quite do-able for me, as well as adding a new "dimension" to something I enjoy already.

My 2013 Disney Resolutions Revisited

1. Visit New Fantasyland. It's already been open for roughly six weeks. As an Annual Passholder, there should be no reason I haven't seen it with my own eyes. This is top of the list. Done! It required several attempts (my first two were dismal failures due to heavy crowds in tight, still-under-construction spaces), but I finally made a successful introduction to this newest area in Magic Kingdom!

2. I have been eyeballing the cupcakes available all over property for several years now. I will try one of them this year. I didn't get to a cupcake, but I *did* end up trying the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich I'd been eyeing for quite some time!

3. Not counting the newly re-imagined Test Track or recently unveiled parts of Fantasyland, I want to find at least five new details or perspectives to photograph WDW that I haven't before. I completely forgot about this one. I am bummed. So many opportunities too.

4. I want to eat at two restaurants I haven't yet. There are so many amazing places to eat on property that it's easy to return again and again to the same locations. But each of these places was a "first time" once. I wonder what else I am missing! Neither were restaurants, but I did try two new "food experiences" this year!

The infamous turkey leg:

The debut of the food booths at Flower and Garden Festival:

EPCOT's Flower & Garden Fest (2013)


5. The past few years, I haven't managed to follow through on a tradition I've really enjoyed. This year, I will visit at least five resort hotels when they are decked out in their Christmas finery, and at least one of them will be one from the list I haven't been to before. We traveled for Thanksgiving, Christmas preparations got too hectic, and I didn't get into the resorts to look at the Christmas decorations. However, I *did* get to ride the Limited Time Magic Jingle Cruise *twice*!

***********************************************
My 2014 Disney Resolutions

1. This year, there *will* be a cupcake!

2. Attempt two: I want to find at least five new details or perspectives to photograph WDW that I haven't before.

3. Attempt two: I want to eat at two restaurants I haven't yet. There are so many amazing places to eat on property that it's easy to return again and again to the same locations. But each of these places was a "first time" once. I wonder what else I am missing!

4. Upon mental review, I neglected following attractions in 2013 and will make a point to do so this year: The Enchanted Tiki Room. Mickey's PhilharMagic. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Reflections of China. Toy Story Midway Mania.

5. Attempt two: This year, I will visit at least five resort hotels when they are decked out in their Christmas finery, and at least one of them will be one from the list I haven't been to before.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP