Thursday, January 23, 2014

Broken Road Confessionals: January 23, 2014

**After I finish a particularly chilling Mary Higgins Clark book, if I'm alone in the house after dark, or if T has gone to bed, I can't stand to have the blinds open, because I feel like someone is watching me.

**Many moons ago, in another lifetime, I received a "My Best Friend's Wedding" sort of proposal. I laughed it off at the time, but in retrospect, I've never been sure if he was serious or not. Not that I'm interested or "needing" it or anything like that. (Happily and unregretfully married, thank you very much!) I just happened to see that movie scroll past on the television on-screen channel guide, and it reminded me. It made me realize that if he was, in fact, not joking around, then my laughter was probably a little heartless (though I swear I didn't mean it in a mean-spirited way!). Not really something you can revisit for curiosity's sake, though. Not even if it would come part-and-parcel with an apology for my inappropriate amusement.

**I may or may not (but most likely may) have spent a portion of my day easily distracted by shiny baubles on the internet. I don't *need* to be shopping and it's doubtful that I would actually part with my hard-earned (ahem, maybe not so much today...) cash for these little goodies at full price, but should Pottery Barn have these lovelies in stock once they hit clearance, I make no promises.


They would fit in perfectly with the type of "Valentines" decor I do, which consists entirely of tucking little bits of red and pink in among the blue, white and silver of winter that's already up. I like the additional pops of color and they add a visual change of pace. And really, can there ever be too much love? I think not.

**Getting back to that first point, I am a complete chicken. I cannot watch Sleepy Hollow at night. (I couldn't watch Fringe at night, either.) If I don't have enough daylight hours between when I watch and when I sleep, I get nightmares. (Oddly, this rule has never applied to Dexter.) It is for this reason that I have four episodes of Sleepy Hollow currently residing on the DVR.

**Sometimes I still need my Gram's reminder: The smart one shuts up.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP