Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2013: Time Capsule

In 2013, I gained:
perspective, my prized KitchenAid stand mixer, and a bunch of new memories.

I lost:
some things I thought I knew.

I was hugely satisfied by:
the improvements we made to our house.

And frustrated by:
having things decided for me, and then finding myself judged, because "outsiders" think it's a choice I've made.

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is:
longer hair.

The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is:
a humbled spirit and a more guarded heart.

I loved spending time:
at Disney and watching Red Sox games. (I am so predictable.)

I should have spent more time:
advocating for myself.

The most relaxing place I went was:
my sister-in-law's for Thanksgiving.

The best thing someone did for me was:
make the effort to actively be my friend.

1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
I legally change my name. (I did not enjoy that process.)

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions wishlist?
Somewhat.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two of T's nieces had babies in 2013.

4. Did anyone close to you die? 
My Gramp's sister, Esther, and my godmother, Raye.

5. What places did you visit?
The only travel I did in 2013 was to Virginia for Thanksgiving.

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? 
A more normal amount of non-summer weather. Wow, was 2013 excessively hot and humid.

7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory?
No one date in particular. I think we needed to make up for a big 2012. I'm all about balance, you know?

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Entertaining a house guest over Christmas!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not knowing what to say or how to say it.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing noteworthy. I like being boring.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
T's. He works so hard, making improvements to our house.

12. Where did most of your money go?
We're homeowners. Need I say more? (Some went into savings too though. And that's a good thing.)

13. What song will always remind you of 2013?
It's funny, but I usually don't know what song will transport me back to a particular year until some time has passed and then one does.

14. What was your favorite movie of this year?
You mean of the two movies we actually went to see? RED2. We really enjoyed the first one and this sequel did not disappoint.

15. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Well, Mike Lowell always makes me stop and watch if we come across him on MLB Network or doing an interview during a game I'm watching. I suppose some things never change?

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP