Friday, January 3, 2014

2014: Wishlist

Resolutions, schmesolutions. I do a list of goals and challenges, call it my "self wishlist," and see how they pan out over the course of the year. On the 2014 agenda, after a lot of thought, I have the following:

1. I think I want to work on acquiring my passport. I don't have any plans to leave the country or anything, but I like being able to show a form of id that isn't my social security card.

2. Last year's goal of commenting on ten blog posts per day ended up feeling a bit out of reach in practice. I think I will shoot for three to start.

3. I *will* be current on my feed reader, within two to three days.

4. I'd like to try for at least one new recipe each month.

5. Lest I bite off more than I can chew again, I think, perhaps, completeing one Pinterest project each season is a good place to start.

6. This year's reading goal: forty books!

7. I'd like to complete another photo-a-day project, but I think I'd like to try out my own format this year...

8. Find some "things" to hang on the walls in our house. I hesitate to say "artwork," because I feel like that indicates paintings or something. I don't think that's my taste, for the most part. But I love the few things we've put up so far and I want to find some more things to dress up our empty walls.

9. I *will* tackle my old nemesis: The Stack of Magazines. I'm done seeing this on my list. Done, I tell you!

10. I'm not sure how lofty I can make this goal, but I'd like to scan in...oh...a hundred of my old photos?

I think ten is enough, considering how many times some of those items have re-appeared on my year list of goals.

2014, we are *on*.

4 with their own thoughts:

Defiant Princess Saturday, January 04, 2014 6:20:00 AM  

I too made a resolution of reading atleast 24 books this year, minumum.
And commenting on blog posts was on my list as well.
Let's see how far we can go :D

good luck to you :)


Defiant Princess
www.khanvibes.com

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, January 04, 2014 8:47:00 AM  

Defiant Princess: Best of luck to you in 2014 as well. =)

*krystyn* Monday, January 06, 2014 1:28:00 PM  

No resolutions for me this year either...my immediate goal...to get off crutches. LOL!! Since I'm banned from running for 1 year afterwards, I've been contemplating a new gym membership where there's a great pool! I love swimming, so hopefully it works out.

Great list!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP