Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013: Year in Review

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Hands down, the Red Sox winning the World Series.

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Navigating being a good friend to somehow who was navigating through a life challenge of their own. It doesn't always come easy, knowing what to say.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Deciding to get a real tree instead of replacing our broken artificial one with another. I had forgotten just how much I love a real tree.

4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
A relationship I'm not comfortable disclosing the details of.

5. Pick three words to describe 2013.
Unexpected. Routine. Content.

6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2013 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
Silly. Happy. Good.

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2013 (again, without asking).
Busy. Laughter. Home-improvement-ish. (Ok, so I cheated on that last one, but I couldn't think of a single-word to describe that!)

8. What were the best books you read this year?
Killing Lincoln and The Light Between Oceans.

9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
T and my friends, G, M, and Daniel.

10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
The status of a particular friendship.

11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
It's always an eye-opening experience to realize another person meant more to you than you did to them, but I've been attempting to handle it with as much grace as I can find.

12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
I've been learning how to balance my spiritual needs with what my current church does and does not offer.

13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
Ummm...my hair? I don't think I've really changed all that much physically.

14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I had to learn how to be a friend through a life event I haven't had much experience with.

15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
Work is work, but I know I've done my job well, overall, which is satisfying. At home, it's been fun to start turning our house into something that's really our own.

16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
I try not to talk about work online much (seems too risky to me) but at home, it's been challenging to decide on paint colors as we update and upgrade! And if one of those kitchen cabinet shelves comes crashing down one more time... ::shakes fist::

17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Ha. Ha ha ha. The internet is the biggest time suck of all time. But it's fun, nonetheless!

18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Reading more.

19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
People will surprise you...in good ways and not-so-good.

20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2013 for you.
I was 36 and 37, and despite some of its unfortunate surprises, this was a very good year.

2 with their own thoughts:

penuttpie Thursday, January 02, 2014 8:37:00 PM  

I love love love when you do these. It's such a great peek into your life and who you are. And I'm humbled (and thrilled) to be included.

Thank you for being my friend, friend. :)

*krystyn* Monday, January 06, 2014 1:32:00 PM  

OK - you can totally NOT publish this...that is fine...and I'm not being nosy...but I am baffled by your most important relationships list of peoples. I know which friend you must be struggling with and the challenges that person is going thru as they were shared with me. Just sad to hear it's taken a toll...hope all works out.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP