Sunday, January 9, 2011

Right Now: January 9, 2011

Outside my window... it can't decide if it wants to be grey & dreary or sunny.

I am thinking... about the families affected by the shootings in Tuscon.

I am thankful for... the fact that shooter was stopped before he could take more lives.

From the kitchen... will come the smell of garlic later as dinner cooks.

I am wearing... yoga pants & a Sox t-shirt.

I am creating... a To-Do list of varying levels.

I am going... to nap soon if this football game doesn't get a little more exciting.

I am reading... my Twitter feed.

I am hoping... that my W-2s arrive before the January 31 mailing deadline. I like to file early.

I am hearing... the wind rustling the leaves & the chatter of the football announcers.

Around the house... it is empty without the Christmas tree.

One of my favorite things: the snowflakes & snowmen that brighten my home when Christmas is put to bed for another year.

I don't understand... the phenomenon wherein the second you need a red light for some reason, every single one you approach turns green.

I wish... we would spend less time finding ways to make each other & ourselves miserable. "We" being of the collective variety.

A few plans for the rest of the week... have a nice quiet uneventful week, maybe give the carpets a good thorough cleaning on Saturday & watch some NFL playoffs.

A picture to share...

The happy I got in the mail from K this week. =)

3 with their own thoughts:

Jeanne Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:04:00 PM  

Mmmm garlic makes everything taste better. It just figures we finally get snow after all the Christmas stuff is put away. I love to curl up on the couch enjoying the lights of the tree with snow outside.

penuttpie Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:14:00 PM  

Shockingly Scott doesn't want to take the tree down yet! I feel funny that it's up still...but he actually plugged it in this weekend saying how much he likes how it lights up the room. And isn't it nice that it's fake and we can keep it up for so long?
ps. This is the same guy who swore last year that we were not going to have a tree! I, of course, called him a communist. ;)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP