Saturday, January 29, 2011

20 Questions: January 29, 2011

1. If you could bottle something in nature and sell it, what would you choose?
The scent of orange blossoms. Sure, there are lots of products that *try* to capture it--and some even come close--but there is none that I have found have managed to truly capture it to perfection. My second choice would be somehow bottling the unique silence of a snow-covered world.

2. What are you drinking?
Water. Pretty much my answer 98% of the time.

3. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa Claus?
You assume that I stopped believing. What I did was learn the true identity and meaning of Santa Claus. That made it even more magical for me.

4. What's something that gets better when the newness wears off?
Jeans, when they are broken in just right. And friendship.

5. If you could go on a road trip with any person (dead or alive) who would you go with and where would you go?
I would love to go on a road trip with my Gram & Gramp. Each Autumn, they would load up their car and take a month-long cross-country road trip to California, Texas and Florida, stopping to see relatives and the sights. I would love for them to show me the places they would talk about long after returning, sharing the memories that came back as familiar landmarks came into view.

6. What first got you started blogging?
I can't recall how I found it, whether she shared a link or if I merely discovered it one way or another, but I saw Chele's blog and was immediately intrigued.

7. What room in your home is the most cluttered?
My living room. It's where the bulk of the "living" happens.

8. How cold does it have to get for you to turn on the heat?
Whatever the temperature outside, the inside would have to dip below 70 before I would spend the dollars (and put up with the smell of dust burning off) to run the heat. I have to run my air conditioner from May through October. I staunchly refuse to run my heat unless absolutely necessary. I live in *Florida*.

9. How warm does it have to get for you to turn on the air conditioning?
Probably mid-80s? I set the air to 80 when I'm at home, to 88 when I'm not so it doesn't run all day. I try to hold off as long as I can, with fans & open windows, because I know once air-conditioning season starts, it sticks around for a good long time.

10. If you were suddenly told you had to change to your career choice from age ten, what would you be doing right now?
Teaching elementary school.

11. What would you like to whine about today?
Not a thing. The weather is perfect. I'm smack in the middle of the weekend. And when the stupid laundry room washer ate one of my favorite socks, T hopped right online & replaced it for me and then some.

12. What is your favorite board game?
Hmmm... I've loved Monopoly since probably the second or third grade. And I always had fun playing clue. Does Scattergories count as a board game?

13. What kitchen gadget do you use the most?
While the Slap Chop gets used the most, it is rarely me who uses it. (Someone else finds it great fun & has put an unofficial regulation on the use of it. LOL!) I think I will have to go with... my citrus trumpet.

14. What kitchen gadget would you most like to acquire?
The list is not short. Heh. But the most? If I had the funds and the actual kitchen space, it would be a KitchenAid Stand Mixer. In Candy Apple Red. With a glass mixing bowl.

15. How many bottles of wine are in your home right now?
Four. Two small bottle of white. One small bottle of red. And a bottle of cooking sherry. To be fair, they are all here for the purpose of cooking. I don't drink much wine at home, mostly because I can't finish a whole bottle by myself.

16. What color do you look great in?
I know it isn't yellow! I get the most compliments when I wear a deep red, chocolate brown or a pumpkin orange.

17. How far in advance of traveling do you usually pack your luggage?
Most of it, a couple of days in advance. The items I use right up until the morning I leave have to stay out until I am done using them. What I do is make a packing list for myself & it is all in my luggage by the time I head out.

18. What have you lost recently?
One of my favorite Red Sox socks. =( Just this afternoon in fact.

19. What was for breakfast?
A glass of juice (a blend of unsweetened cranberry and pineapple). Wasn't hungry for more before I had to leave for my hair appointment.

20. Would you rather drive or be the passenger?
I would always prefer to be the passenger. Being in the car doesn't bother me, but I only drive out of necessity.

1 with their own thoughts:

Janet Tuesday, February 01, 2011 11:44:00 AM  

I really liked your answer to #3 :-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP