Sunday, January 30, 2011

Right Now: January 30, 2011

Outside my window... squirrels chase each other around the tree in a frenzy, fighting over a peanut. Never mind that there are a half dozen more laying on the ground.

I am thinking... about my Gramp today. It would have been his birthday.

I am thankful for... always having enough food, to the point that the weekly menu often requires a "leftovers" day to prevent waste.

From the kitchen... there will be steak & cheese sandwiches this evening. We needed something that *wouldn't* create more leftovers, and these are easy. Plus, it uses up something that was hanging out in the freezer long enough.

I am wearing... yoga pants and a Red Sox t-shirt. It's my anytime-I'm-just-hanging-out-at-home uniform. This time it's a classic Red Sox tee: navy with Red Sox in an arch across the front.

I am creating...a newly revised To Do List system for 2011. 2010's needed a little tweaking. January is a great time for evaluation & adjustment, with a brand new planner for a fresh clean slate.

I am going... to get the laundry from the dryer in four minutes. I will not miss schlepping to the laundry room, come the day I no longer need to. Having your own laundry facility is highly underrated.

I am reading... a little of this, a little of that.

I am hoping... for the best, in many many situations, most of which aren't my own.

I am hearing... squirrel claws scampering around the tree outside my window, a car starting and the daughter of a neighbor playing some childhood game of pretend. I can't figure out if someone else is out there with her as well or if she is caught up in her game & talking to herself.

Around the house... are some things that need my attention. I am pretending I don't see them right now but they're going to win. They keep staring at me.

One of my favorite things... is pausing to take in the scenery.

I don't understand... the humor in most episodes of The Office or Seinfeld.

I wish... the NFL could find a way to make the Pro Bowl less lame. It always is & I bet tonight's will be no different. MLB really does a great job with theirs. I'm not even sure what they could do to improve football's but I know it needs it, badly.

A few plans for the rest of the week... stay on top of my To Do List, file my taxes, decorate for February (some snowmen come down to make room for a bit of pink & red to brighten the place up), and considering a trip to Animal Kingdom while the weather is still cool & the animals are more active, as long as it doesn't rain.

A picture to share...

Yesterday, we decided to head over to a Pig Fest on the other side of town. I don't know why I didn't think to grab my camera, but I didn't. Until I started seeing all kinds of fun opportunities. So I was left with just my crappy little cell phone camera. Rather than call it a loss, I decided to collage it instead. There were delicious eats (pulled pork sandwich, strawberry shortcake), amusing signs all over the place advertising all the different barbecue booths, entertaining sights (fried gator tail?!) and the glorious sight of a baseball field getting prepared for Spring Training! Someone really needs to remind me that I always wind up kicking myself when I don't bring along my camera. It's easy enough to just leave it in the case if nothing catches my eye, but I cannot make it materialize if I leave it at home.

3 with their own thoughts:

Janet Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:15:00 PM  

I hate when I do that too...but you know sometimes I just want to enjoy the moment!

Rebecca Wednesday, February 02, 2011 11:21:00 AM  

OMG, you of ALL people I would think would appreciate Seinfeld! LOL

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, February 02, 2011 11:37:00 AM  

Rebecca: I was always a Friends girl. Seinfeld so rarely made me do more than roll my eyes. No idea why! (Although I do use several lines from the show regularly--"No soup for you!" and the teeth-bared "Newman.")

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP