Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: January 17, 2010



Monday: Burgers and mac & cheese.
Tuesday: Spaghetti & meatballs, and a salad.
Wednesday: BBQ-glazed chicken, some sort of quick noodle side dish and a salad.
Thursday: Shepherd's Pie.
Friday: Pork steak on the grill, boiled potatoes and steamed baby sweet peas.
Saturday: Scallops with Mushrooms and Spinach.
Sunday: (new recipe!) Chicken & dumplings.

Notes from last week's menu: The Crab Cakes were very tasty, really good flavor. However, they were very crumbly, so we (and by "we," I mean "Troy") did a little poking around online & found that many crab cake recipes call for an egg (this one didn't), so next time we'll give that a try.

The logo at the top will link you to more menu plans!

4 with their own thoughts:

Mega Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:59:00 PM  

I'll take a cheeseburger on a pretzel role, medium well, with pepperjack cheese and tomato. Thanks!

Reverend Ref + Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:59:00 AM  

Wishing I lived closer . . . I'd pop over for dinner on Saturday.

I loves my scallops & mushrooms.

Anonymous,  Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:12:00 PM  

I've only eaten crab cakes once (In Delray Beach) and never made them. They are yummy though, I don't think you can really get crab here. Crayfish if you go catching them yourself but not crab.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Friday, January 21, 2011 2:22:00 PM  

Sounds yummy! I love scallops but have always been afraid to try to cook them at home. I've heard they can get rubbery really quickly, so I always just get them out. Usually at one of the Japanese places here, that do teppanyaki and cook in front of you :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP