Monday, September 26, 2005

remembering

was there ever a date of something not so good that stuck in your head? then you know how i feel about September 22.

9/22/00: my dad had a stroke. i thank heaven every day that he was ok. it took a lot of therapy & some major medical miracles but he came through it--he's a little slower these days but he's here & that is what matters.

9/22/01: my grandmother had a stroke. she didn't fare as well. she passed away a month later. i miss her every single day.

as you can imagine, i am not a big fan of the phone ringing on 9/22. and i am always very conscious of the date.

it occurred to me tonight though that i missed it this year. i wasn't feeling all too well Thursday so that may have been part of it...but maybe time really is the great healer. i haven't forgotten but i don't feel quite so haunted.

4 with their own thoughts:

Jamie Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:56:00 AM  

Oh Dawn. I'm sending you HUGE (((HUGS))). I wish I could give you a huge hug in real life. :(

Heather Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:09:00 AM  

Gosh. I do think that time heals. Always remember the moments!

marianne Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:56:00 AM  

It gets better, hon. You don't ever forget, you just get used to that loved one being gone. Celebrate her life, she'd like that. Big hugs to you...

Lisa Carroll Tuesday, September 27, 2005 1:45:00 PM  

I'm so sorry, Dawn... ((hugs)) for ya, Hon. Keep the memories alive!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP