Thursday, September 15, 2005

celebrity couples

started thinking about this with all the new Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes morsels that have been stirred up again...

first of all can i just say that i am so glad that MY relationship is not under the microscope of the public eye. i van't imagine having people i will never even meet scrutinize every nuance of my relationship, every solo appearance, every squabble, eye roll & kiss. NO THANK YOU.

that being said, i do have some particularly favorite celebrity couples (and by this i mean couples where they are both well-known of their own accord, not just by association).


Brad & Jennifer (yes i know they aren't together any more. i'm not over it. Jenn'll probably be over it before i am LOL)


Jada & Will


Brad & Kimberly


Faith & Tim

portion of interview from Redbook June 2005

Redbook: so how does it feel to be Redbook's number one hottest husband?
Tim McGraw: [laughs] women swooning over me--that is not even a part of my program. all that attention comes with success. if i was working down at the Kmart, i don't think it would be happening.

RB: are you a good husband?
Tim: [laughs wickedly] i am always striving to be better. we're happy as a couple but there is no "perfect couple".

RB: maybe, but in the public eye you two appear to come awfully close.
Tim: i think people pick up on how i feel, which is that i can't imagine being with anybody else. but like any couple, Faith & i have our disagreements. which she usually wins, by the way.

RB: what has marriage taught you?
Tim: it's shown me how to see somebody else's point of view. i've always been very focused on my career, but now i have a partner. it isn't all about me anymore. now, Faith can focus on 20 things at once. that amazes me. i think that's a woman thing. if i have to ficus on more than one thing, i'm a wreck.

RB: if you could relive one day of your life, which would it be?
Tim: the day i met my wife. i remember the excitement of falling in love. how that felt. the freedom we had at that time.

RB: you've spoken often of your deep connection to her.
Tim: i feel like i knew her before i met her.

RB: like fate?
Tim: this weird thing happened in the beginning. my grandmother saw Faith on tv and called me and said, "i just saw the perfect girl i want you to marry." oddly enough, her grandmother saw me on tv and said the same thing to Faith. and for months, our booking agents kept saying we needed to meet, but i didn't pursue it. i thought she was out of my league. i didn't think she'd let me get within 20 yards of her.

RB: what was Faith thinking?
Tim: she thought she shouldn't let me get within 20 yards of her. i think she thought i'd be trouble. maybe that was part of the initial appeal. but then she got to know me and saw that i was a lot duller than she expected.

RB: do you worry about the day, a few years ahead, when one of your daughters brings home her first date?
Tim: they're already talking about boys. Gracie asked me how to spell "Lewis" the other day. and i was like, "why do you need to spell 'Lewis'?" she was writing a love note. she's 8! i suspect i'm not going to handle dating very well...

7 with their own thoughts:

Jamie Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:27:00 PM  

Fun! I'm not over Brad and Jen either. Boo.

Jamie Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:28:00 PM  

Fun! I'm not over Brad and Jen either. Boo.

Anonymous,  Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:17:00 PM  

speaking of coules did you hear who split? renne and kenny

*krystyn* Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:45:00 PM  

I heard that's just a rumor about Renee & Kenny (darn)! I love Tim & Faith too - hilarious comment about his girls & future dating.
I'm not entirely over Brad & Jen either, but I like her with Vince -since I can't have him-I can deal with her having him!

*~*Michelle*~* Friday, September 16, 2005 6:21:00 AM  

Brad and Jenn is a HUGE bummer...I am curious to see what becomes of Garth and Trisha. I *knew* they would eventually get together.

Lisa Carroll Friday, September 16, 2005 1:13:00 PM  

Oooh I'm a big Will&Jada fan, myself! they seem to have such strong family values. Like Tim and Faith as well.

And I will NEVER get over Brad and Jenn! Boo hoo.....

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP