Tuesday, August 30, 2005

somber

tonight my heart aches for people & cities that will never be the same again.

there are just no words...

Gulf Port, MI


Pascagoula, MI


Dauphin Island, AL


Mobile, AL


the city of New Orleans








New Orleans, French Quarter


I-10, New Orleans


i stayed at this Hyatt near the SuperDome in New Orleans in 1992 when i attended the LCMS Youth Gathering, one of 22000 Lutheran Youth who visited the city for the convention called "A Time For Joy"...no longer a place of so much joy...




my thoughts & prayers for the many who have suffered unspeakable loss. loss that will continue to grow before it subsides. loss that is immeasurable. i wish for them: strength. patience during unimagineable hardship & devastation. courage. peace. and mostly: hope.


The capacity for hope is the most significant fact of life. It provides human beings with a sense of destination and the energy to get started.
~Norman Cousins~

3 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Tuesday, August 30, 2005 9:02:00 PM  

Sobering pictures....Living in OH we don't have to worry about such natural disasters. A few thunderstorms, a tornado once in awhile, and the chance of flooding. But nothing so horific!

Kim

Amy Tuesday, August 30, 2005 10:59:00 PM  

I keep looking at the pictures in disbelief. Greg and I were in New Orleans in May and had such a great time. It makes me sick to think that such a beautiful old city may never be the same. My prayers and thoughts are with the victims. I pray that they find some comfort in this devastation.

*~*Michelle*~* Wednesday, August 31, 2005 6:17:00 AM  

It is amazing how one day your life is intact and the next everything as you know it is over. The resources it is going to take to heal is astounding. I feel guilty thinking about my own life -- everything is trival compared to this!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP