Tuesday, August 9, 2005

sneezing

just a random little something to start your day off

SNEEZING

"Jason sneezes. God bless you, I say. He sneezes again. God bless you. He sneezes a third time. Bless you, I say kinda angrily. He sneezes for a fourth time. Stop it already, I say. It's annoying now. As if he can help it."
(excerpt from "Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Mind" by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, pg. 182)

at the time i read this, it made me chuckle. made me do it again just now as i extracted this from my list of potential blog entries. (yes i have a compiled list saved of things to ramble about. if i ever made all these things entires as i thought of them, you'd all end up drowning in everything i have to say lol...so i save them as drafts & come back to them at times like this when i want to say something but still haven't cleared the sleep-induced cobwebs from my brain.)

all that aside, that little blurb from the book elicited a giggle because after someone gets to 3 sneezes with me, i warn them: "that's it. 3 is the limit." i don't know why i say that & i would surely offer a 4th if the opportunity presented itself in the form of another sneeze, but i wonder if as i progress toward my "limit", do i too sound more & more annoyed? lol oh & in case you're wondering, i am not hypocritical on this. if i sneeze 3 times myself i start to get kinda ticked off. like i have a choice or something.

2 with their own thoughts:

Chele76 Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:28:00 AM  

I write some of my entries out ahead of time as well :)

Heather Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:43:00 PM  

Ok that makes me laugh for 2 reasons... I feel the same about sneezing after 3 you are on your own and that the name is Jason seeing how much my Jason sneezes and I have said it to him.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP