Saturday, March 29, 2014

This Week on My TV: March 29, 2014

Disclaimer: Some shows I watch live and with others, I tend to be fairly behind on my tv watching. Even so, consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. All I can do is lead in with the show and episode. You read at your own risk!



**(CSI, S14E17 "Long Road Home") Eh, after a run a of exceptionally entertaining cases, CSI was due for a dud. I know Gene Simmons was supposed to "wow" with his cameo, that the "daddy twist" was supposed to shock, and that Brass actually softening to a young girl who is soliciting herself was supposed to elicit emotion, but none of it really impacted me.

**(Grey's Anatomy, S10E15 "Throwing It All Away") Kinda love that Weber informed Cristina he will always be The Chief -- When Stephanie and Jo are sitting side by side, their hair is very reminiscent of Cristina and Mer, respectively, back in the day. -- This exchange struck me as very funny ... Arizona: I think you broke my leg. Stephanie: Oh my God! Oh my God!! Arizona: It's all right. I have another one in my car. -- How did Arizona know that abandoned baby was a boy the second she picked him up? -- Alex: Three days I'm suspended from surgery. You bang a co-worker, and you get a house and two kids. I do it and I get suspended. Meredith: I know, I'm a hypocrite. I heard. -- The organ donor patient received a kidney donation from a friend...who wants it back now?! -- OMG. Cristina named the abandoned baby Oscar. Like Oscar the Grouch. Because he was found out by the dumpsters.

**(Elementary, S2E18 "The Hound of the Cancer Cells") The case, itself, was ok, if a bit convoluted, but I figured the former teacher was going to get himself killed. I also enjoyed the ending when Sherlock and Detective Bell delayed going into Bell's "welcome back to full duty" party because Sherlock saw he needed a few minutes in a coffee shop with a friend after having a bad day. I like seeing Sherlock's progress with relationships.

**(Parenthood, S5E17 "Limbo") I knew that Natalie was bad news. She is suddenly sleeping with Drew's roommate now and doesn't see why Drew's bothered by this?! Maybe because he's a decent guy, Natalie, ever think of that in your little trampy mind? Hmph. -- I think maybe it's starting to hit Camille what giving up their house will mean... Why don't she and Zeek take over the guest house and let Jasmine and Crosby raise their little family in the big house? Or something. (Yes, I am a sap. Nostalgia and sentimental value and memories and all that jazz.) -- I cannot believe Amber and Drew showed up to Aida's "Baptism Eve" family celebration dinner stoned. -- Tears: When Zeek showed up at Joel's apartment and said all those things to him about marriage and figuring things out faster and being the guy Zeek thought he was giving his daughter to on their wedding day, Joel standing there with his eyes filling up with tears about killed me. -- Tears, part two: Julia's reaction to Joel showing up at the baptism totally made me weepy. -- I still do not understand how Jasmine birthed a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, fair-skinned daughter. I get that Aida has Crosby's coloring, but I would think, based on genetics and biology, that Jasmine would have carried the dominant genes or at least *some* of them! More like with Jabar.

**(Chicago Fire, S2E17 "When Things Get Rough") Saddest thing ever: the house fire they responded to where the father piled up his wife and three kids, then laid on top of them, giving up his life to save theirs. -- What's up with everyone wanting Dawson? She's Mouch's idea of a "perfect woman" and then there's Ramsey the Stalker, and obviously Casey. -- Ok, now I feel bad. Apparently, Ramsey wasn't a stalker, so much as an overly nice guy who was reminded by Dawson of a friend who died. -- When Casey called what the father had done to save to his family "the bravest thing he'd ever seen" during the wrongful death deposition, I completely lost it. The characters on this show do little to stir emotion in me, but some of the stories do.

**(Reign, S1E15 "The Darkness") There is no limit to Henry's depravity. -- What on earth was it that was attacking Olivia?? -- How on earth did Kenna end up tied to a dead prostitute?! And so nice of Henry to tell Catherine it was her "housekeeping" problem. -- Mary and Lola are having quite a sensitive conversation with all those guards and servants around, considering neither of them wants Francis to find out about Lola's pregnancy.

**(CSI, S14E18 "Uninvited") Better than the last episode. About halfway through, I figured out that the mother escaped with the kids, but I definitely didn't have the whole story figured out and NO WAY did I expect that the daughter killed her mother and brother for killing the dad (and his mistress).

**(Scandal, S3E13 "No Sun on the Horizon") Sally is straight up crazy. "Crispy piggy, yum yum"...what is that?! -- Olivia is right: all three Presidential candidates are murderers. Murderer's row, indeed. -- Um, since when is Sally "our candidate" for Daddy Pope?! -- Jake very clearly still cares for Liv. And he keeps getting stomped. -- Did Jake actually instruct Fitz's Secret Service to take out Sally if she started to confess during the debate?! -- I don't even understand what happened in that final scene. Has Olivia finally pushed Jake off the deep end? Who did he shoot?? David? James? Someone off screen? WHAT IS GOING ON?!

**(How I Met Your Mother, S9E22 "The End of the Aisle") Ted: Wait, wait. Stop, stop. What the hell are you *doing*? Robin: It's just...I can't go through with this. Ted: No. No, sorry. I refuse to be a part of  a third runaway bride situation. It's like the dude in that documentary who kept having women show up dead at the bottom of his staircase. Sure, maybe they all tripped. But it's like do you want to hang out with that guy? -- Awww, Ted gave Barney the locket to give to Robin. And when Barney asked Ted how he found it, Ted said "I didn't, you did." Ted is a good guy and a good friend. -- OMG. "Deuces are wild." And then I died. -- Ted: Stop. Stop. You're just saying this because you're scared. I am not your future, Barney is. Robin: Shouldn't I be with the guy who finds me my locket? The guy who steals me the blue French horn? I mean, look me in the eye and tell me why should I be with that guy? Ted: Because I'm not that guy anymore. -- Ted: But love doesn't make sense! I mean, you can't logic your way into or out of it. Love is totally non-sensical, but we have to keep doing it or else we're lost and and and love is dead and humanity should just pack it in. Because love is the best thing we do. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's just true. -- BAHAHA! Robin met The Mother by running over her in an attempt to run away from the wedding. -- Marshall: I vow to keep at least eighty percent of these vows. Lily: That seems high. Marshall: Then I vow to keep updating them as we go. Because one set of vows, it can't cover a lifetime of growing and changing with you, of raising children with you, falling more and more in love with you every day, Lily Aldrin, which is what I vow to do for the rest of my life. Lily: Crap. I already broke my no crying vow. ... Me too, Lilypad, me too. -- The Mother called herself a "bit of a detective!" Because she is so perfect for Ted. -- The end of the Slap Bet! -- Ted: It was a twisting, turning road that lead to the end of the aisle. And not everything along the way was perfect. To be honest, not everything to follow would be perfect either. But what is? Here's the secret kids: none of us can vow to be perfect. In the end, all we can do promise is to love each other with everything we've got. Because love's the best thing we do.

**(The Good Wife, S5E15 "Dramatics, Your Honor") I really like the judge presiding over the trial Will is litigating. -- That was big of Alicia to alert Will that his clients were seeking a second opinion behind his back when she could have poached them without any effort. -- I don't know what I expected the advertised "bombshell" to be, but Will being killed was *not* it. Holy crap. I kept thinking he would come close to the brink of death, but they'd reel him back and he'd be ok, but no. They wasted no time is him being dead. No dramatic scenes trying to save him, heroic measures, nothing but a gurney in a curtained triage room in the E.R. with his body on it. I am stunned. -- I think that may be the first time I've seen Kalinda show an emotion other than anger or Eli be subdued. Both of their reactions made *me* tear up.

**(Parenthood, S5E18 "The Offer") Zeek's reaction to the prospective buyers criticizing the house is *exactly* how I would feel listening to that. Even if I wanted to sell. And he doesn't. -- C'mon, Joel. Look at what you're doing to your family. Time to come home, man. -- Natalie has a lot to learn about not making a scene. It's immature and ridiculous and inappropriate. And Drew is definitely more private than that. -- I know Hank is being vulnerable and expressing his emotions, but this killed me ... Hank: There's a million Bravermans out there. Right? Every corner, there's a Braverman. They're like Starbucks, the Bravermans. -- Adam and Kristina were watching Top Chef!! -- It's been a long time since we've seen a real appearance from Sydney the Insufferable Brat. Blaming her parents' separation on Victor was an effective throwback. -- I loved Zeek and Camille sitting by the fire pit, reminiscing about the house. -- Tears: Heartbreaking conversation with Max in the car, about his Asperger's and the other kids being cruel to him, as they drove back from picking him up from an overnight field trip following a meltdown. Man, that kid can act. -- Kinda wish I could have understood more of the lyrics to Drew's song.

**(The Blacklist, S1E17 "Ivan") No one thought to question or chase or even just call out after the guy who stole whatever that piece of technology was from the wrecked car and fled the scene? -- Mr Kaplan! I love her character! -- Red [to Ivan, working on his tablet]:  Do you find all those little fingerprints on the glass distracting or does that sort of thing not bother you? -- One of my favorite things about Red is how much he loves good food. -- Irony is...Tom: You never really know people...do you... -- The case of the week was a little meh, but the Tom scenes made up for it with intensity. -- The final scene was sweet, Red comforting Lizzie, and having spent all that time building that music box, knowing what was coming. I am dying to know how he knew her father used to hum the song it played to her when she was scared by a nightmare. I'm still convinced Red is not her father, because he told her in this episode that he has never lied to her, and in an earlier episode, she asked him if he was her father and he told her he was not. But I believe he knows her father very well and feels a deep responsibility for her.

**(2 Broke Girls, S3E20 "And the Not Broke Parents") Max is nervous meeting Deek's mega wealthy parents, blah blah, that's original. ::eyeroll:: -- Deek's mother has really annoying speech cadence. -- No Sophie? Hmph.

**(Mom, S1E20 "Clumsy Monkeys and a Tilted Uterus") With Bonnie being so promiscuous, how did she have just Christy? -- The adoptive parents for Violet's baby seem awfully young to have tried, unsuccessfully, for years to have a child.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP