Monday, March 24, 2014

Broken Road Confessionals: March 24, 2014

**I fail to understand people who post to social media that they are running very late and will have to skip their shower or skip breakfast or have to grab whatever clothes they can find, clean or otherwise. Wouldn't that precious moments spent typing that out be better used to get yourself together and *leave*??

**As I continue to remain obsessed with the orange blossoms that make March in Florida smell like heaven, I find that I am also attempting to subconsciously expand upon it. I have actually spent what might be considered an embarrassing amount of time contemplating whether other citrus blossoms also smell so intoxicating. What about grapefruit? Lime? Lemon? Tangerine? Kumquat? (What?) I might maybe have a problem...

**My daily To Do List is my bible. Without its reminders, I would forget to do half of the things I want to get done because devil thy name is distraction. However, even more than the things I would forget to do, it motivates me to do the things I would otherwise "forget" to do, because what I really like about my To Do List is the actual act of crossing it off.

**Here's my problem. (Oh, me, you are so funny, saying that like there's only just the one.) There are hundreds of treats and restaurants (and menu options at those restaurants) on Disney property that I *want* to try. But I suffer a mini crisis, because it's so difficult *not* to get something or go somewhere that is a favorite! They obviously got to be favorites because one time I decided to try something new, but...still, so hard to choose. Hello, my name is Dawn, and I clearly have an abundance of first world problems.

**I'll be honest: I am not at all a Ben and Jerry's sort of girl. I mean, why would I pay almost as much for one of those tiny little containers of ice cream, when I can get an entire half gallon of Blue Bell or an almost-half gallon (don't get me started on that) of Edy's for barely more dent in the checking account *and* they are often on sale buy-one-get-one? But then they released flavors that I may be powerless to resist. Next time there is a sale, I may have to bite the bullet and splurge. There isn't a flavor in the bunch that doesn't make me drool just to type it: Hazed and Confused (Chocolate and Hazelnut Ice Creams with Fudge Chips and a Hazelnut Fudge Core), Peanut Butter Fudge (Chocolate and Peanut Butter Ice Creams with Mini Peanut Butter Cups and a Peanut Butter Fudge Core), Salted Caramel (Sweet Cream Ice Cream with Blonde Brownies and a Salted Caramel Core), That's My Jam (Chocolate and Raspberry Ice Creams with Fudge Chips and a Raspberry Core), and Karamel Sutra (A Core of Soft Caramel Encircled by Chocolate and Caramel Ice Creams and Fudge Chips). The problem now is choosing. This could take a while...

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP