Saturday, April 17, 2010

Slice of Life: April 17, 2010

I'm a week behind myself. At least. I should have posted this *last* Saturday, but I didn't. So there's that. I suppose I could have let it go but it was such a telling part of that weekend, the perfect "slice," really. And this weekend is all Spring Cleaning, big whoop-dee-doo. So hop into your time machine & let's turn the clock back to last week, when I plopped myself in Magic Kingdom to get acquainted with my new camera.

I played with exposure...






...and shutter speed...



...and depth of field. All things I could only control on very basic levels with my trusty little Kodak.







The learning process is way too much fun!
------------------------------------

I saw the coolest post on the blog, "your wishcake," and thought it would be a lot of fun to incorporate it into my weekly Slice of Life posts. It's up to you, readers! What slice of my life would *you* like to see photographed & shared here in the future?

5 with their own thoughts:

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, April 21, 2010 1:43:00 PM  

Thanks, Suzy! =) I thought they would be a fun way to document the debut of the new camera.

J-Dawg's Realm Saturday, May 01, 2010 9:02:00 AM  

I love the "playing" with the camera - its how I learn too! I think for slice of life, do something you havent phtographed before, like your favorite restaurant, or maybe a city park, or something we've never seen. NOW, dont get me wrong - I LOVE your WDW photos since every time you go, we get to see something different HAHA! just throwing something out there.

tabi Sunday, May 02, 2010 10:56:00 AM  

i must've missed when you got a new camera; i'm assuming it's a DSLR? i got my first one last september, and the learning process, while intimidating at first, has been sooooo much fun!

enjoy your new camera and keep posting your learings. :)

~**Dawn**~ Friday, May 07, 2010 12:56:00 PM  

J: I believe I will have something new in store for tomorrow. Stay tuned! ;-)

Tabi: Sure did! Canon EOS Rebel XSi!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP