Sunday, April 18, 2010

20 Questions: April 18, 2010

1. What kind of weather do you most dread?
Endless humidity. It wears me down. If you had asked me this back when I lived in Connecticut though, I would have said ice.

2. Which drives more of your decisions: your head or your heart?
I'm a Libra, which means I thrive on balance. Translation: I don't lean in either direction more than the other, and I weigh out all my options. Sometimes to the point of teeth-gnashing by anyone waiting for me to make.a.decision.already. Which means that when the decision is made, it's a healthy dose of both...otherwise known as: your gut.

3. When were you last in a church? What was the occasion?
This morning. Because it was Sunday? It's rare that I miss a week.

4. What is the closest framed photo to you?
There are two on my end table. One formal portrait of Miss Catherine on her second Christmas. And one black-and-white snapshot of my grandparents on their wedding day.

5. Mustard goes on:
Kielbasa. Ham & cheese sandwiches. Brats (the sausage, not the children).

6. Do you fold your underwear or does it just get stuffed in the drawer?
It is folded. In nice neat little thirds.

7. Which Disney character is your favorite?
Aurora. You probably know her as Sleeping Beauty. Of the non-princess variety, Eeyore.

8. Do you sleep with bare feet or do you need socks on?
Sometimes I would sleep with socks on in the Winter back up north, mostly because when my hands & feet get cold, it can take me days to finally fend off the chill & get warm again. Down here, I never ever sleep with socks on.

9. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
I do. I might require a brief refresher because I've only done it once (well, I went went one time, I fired the actual gun quite a few times while there), but it came to me pretty easily & I suspect it is much like the proverbial riding of a bike.

10. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
Never! Can you believe it??

11. Do you write in the margins of books as you read them?
No. I do not ever write in books. I might stick a Post-it flag on a page to come back to, but I don't leave marks on the pages. It feels wrong to me somehow.

12. How do you feel about Thursdays?
They are Posers. Every freaking week, I think it's Friday. Every freaking week, I am wrong. Thursday is my nemesis.

13. What was the last item you purchased and returned?
A shirt that was going to be a Christmas gift, but I didn't realize I had grabbed the wrong size & when I went back, they were out of the right size.

14. What is the last letter of your middle name?
N.

15. Do you read tabloids?
Sometimes I read the covers when I'm waiting to be rung out at the grocery store, but just for laughs at the ridiculousness that they come up with. I don't think I have ever actually opened one up. I think it's kind of pathetic that there is so much money to be made, making up lies about famous people.

16. What is the last kind of cookie that you ate?
A Spring-themed Oreo. And it was good.

17. What was your seventh grade teacher's name?
This one took me a second, which surprised me. Mrs Higgins. One of my very favorite teachers.

18. What is the newest television show you've acquired in your personal lineup?
Parenthood. Started watching it a couple of weeks ago. The episode was pretty good, so I checked the Prime Time On Demand Channel & they had it there, so I was able to watch all but the pilot!

19. Three signs Winter is here:
The humidity goes away. I can open up my windows again because the air conditioner is finally turned off. Thanksgiving is approaching.

20. Are you afraid of the dark?
Of the dark itself, no. Of Things That Go Bump in the Dark...well...let's just say I can sufficiently freak myself out when I apply a sprinkling of imagination.

3 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:19:00 PM  

I don't write in books either and the last letter of my middle name is also N!!! :)

penuttpie Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:00:00 AM  

so many things to comment on!
i'll try to make it quick ;)

2. learning to trust my gut. it's tough. i deliberate too. but i'm a cap ;)

3. me too! and it was a great message. wish i could say i've been going more consistently this year but it's been tough due to being out of town quite a bit. but every time i go back i feel renewed.

6. me too! me too!

7. i have a stuffed figure of every one of the characters from the hundred acre woods. does that tell you something??

9. scott wants me to learn how to shoot a gun. i'm so opposed! freaks me out.

11. i used to be just like this! i wouldn't even write in my books that i purchased for college classes. but when i started taking my life group classes for church i started writing in my books because i knew i was going to be called on to discuss something insightful and i wouldn't remember without looking it up in the book with notes. it still feels sacrilege but i also like being able to go back in these books and seeing what i wrote.

15. tabloids are lame. leave the people alone. i have even less respect for the people who are obsessed with the misery of other people. sad.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:40:00 PM  

K: Now I am trying to recall your middle name! I am sure I've read it on your blog...

---------------------

G: 2. My gut has never steered me wrong. I may not listen to it but when I don't, I always end up wishing I had.

6. I hate opening up a jumbled up drawer! I need to be able to see what's available. ;-)

7. I would say you are a big fan of Pooh & gang. =)

9. I was worried about it but I'm glad I know how. Knowledge is power. I like knowing proper care & handling. One never knows when this sort of information could prove useful.

11. I would have to put post-it notes in there to write on. I just cannot write in a book.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP