Monday, September 1, 2008

Snapshot From Along the Broken Road: August 2008

photo of me: sadly i still do not exist. perhaps i am only a figment of your imagination...?

1) current candle scents: Island Spa and Honeydew Melon.

2) what i am currently reading: "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin.

3) newest music i added my playlist: nothing new this month. i was busy organizing what i have already, removing duplicates (ripped from CDs) & songs i can't figure out why i liked in the first place.

4) movies i saw: "No Reservations" -- predictable but good chick flick. "First Knight" -- an old favorite. free HBO & Showtime for a year is a nice little perk for my recent Bright House inconvenience!

5) something yummy i made this month: i made a really yummy pasta dish with spinach & sausage.

6) the last place i ate out: ummm... Macaroni Grill, i believe.

7) something that made me cry: no crying! i win!

8) something that made me laugh: Nick Markakis standing in the Fenway outfield eating sunflower seeds while the Orioles intentionally walked Big Papi.

9) something i looked forward to this month: weekends. i've been very burned out at work & i have literally been living to get to the next weekend.

10) something i am thankful for: the opportunity to help & encourage my friends the way they have done for me. not that i wish trying circumstances on them by any means, but since that cannot be stopped, i am thankful that i can offer them in return the kind of support they have always given me.

11) something i want to remember about this month: how Jason Bay, in his Sox debut, came in after all the drama & was the anti-Manny (in all the right ways: a humble professional to undo the tension), getting on base in four of six at bats--2 walks, hit by a pitch and a 12th inning two-out triple that would lead to crossing the plate as the winning run on a Jed Lowrie infield hit. welcome to Boston, Jason Bay. we're happy to meet you.

12) a photo i took this month:

9 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Wednesday, September 03, 2008 9:37:00 AM  

Cookies look yummy!

Yay for almost vacation time! Have fun! I know you will!!

jenny Wednesday, September 03, 2008 1:36:00 PM  

Love the recipe blog!

Just checked your sidebar - ten hours until you land in California???

Heavenly!

Janet Wednesday, September 03, 2008 2:26:00 PM  

No crying!!! That's awesome! Ok, I'm stealing this again for my T13, ok?

gail@more than a song Wednesday, September 03, 2008 3:44:00 PM  

I do believe those are my cookies!
Honeydew melon has been one of my favorite candle scents the last summer or two.

Jeanne Wednesday, September 03, 2008 5:46:00 PM  

enjoy your visit to CA. expect details and pictures from you!

Colleen Thursday, September 04, 2008 6:13:00 PM  

Ohhhh I like NO Reservations! and the cookies look yummy.
Gimme cookie!

kreed Thursday, September 04, 2008 9:24:00 PM  

Can I come over for a cookie?!?!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP