Saturday, September 6, 2008

noteworthy

i ate my dinner with chopsticks last night.

for real.

which doesn't sound like a big deal until you factor in how utterly uncoordinated i am.

the fact that food made it into my mouth at all still amazes me completely.

15 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Sunday, September 07, 2008 3:45:00 PM  

I've always wanted to be able to do that, but for some reason never could get it.

Maybe after a few adult beverages...

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Sunday, September 07, 2008 7:17:00 PM  

Isn't it fun?! Tim taught me on like our third date ever. I am so uncoordinated too. Our coffee table hasn't moved in 10 years, but I stub my toe on it or run into it with my calf at least once a month, LOL!

We love eating with chopsticks and do at every restaurant we can. I also bought, years ago, nice chopsticks to have at home for whenever we get take-out!

Practice, practice, practice!

Chele76 Sunday, September 07, 2008 8:21:00 PM  

chopsticks rock. Unfortunately I just can't figure out the whole soup think with them.

gail@more than a song Sunday, September 07, 2008 9:27:00 PM  

It's not something I've learned how to do! Way to go!

kreed Monday, September 08, 2008 12:03:00 AM  

I even have some chopsticks for home use but I don't break them out often. Might be a good diet plan for me, though.

Anonymous,  Monday, September 08, 2008 8:14:00 AM  

I stopped by to see if you had any Brady-related posts or tweets up. Looking at your Twitter log, I can't tell if you were actually watching the game, and the trauma caused your brain to dissociate to a happier place:

Me: Kickoff for 2008! Yay!
Dawn: Storybook Land!
Me: Brady looks great. The foot seems fine.
Dawn: Alice in Wonderland!
Me: Why is he rolling on the ground?
Dawn: On a wild ride with Mr. Toad!
Me: Uh-oh. He's not getting up.
Dawn: Snow White is having a scary adventure!

Anonymous,  Monday, September 08, 2008 11:32:00 AM  

That IS impressive! Coming from someone ELSE who is totally uncoordinated? I'm lucky I can walk a straight line some days.

Colleen Monday, September 08, 2008 12:05:00 PM  

I love eating with chopsticks! especially out of the box like in the movies :)Way to go Dawn.

Ingrid Monday, September 08, 2008 2:43:00 PM  

Hee hee hee....this post would be better with some pictures. or maybe a video.

It takes me three times as long as it usually does to eat a meal with chopsticks. I'm not very coordinated either, I'm afraid.

marianne Wednesday, September 10, 2008 1:02:00 AM  

good for you!! if I had to depend on chopsticks to eat, I'd starve to death! ;)

Ingrid Wednesday, September 10, 2008 2:58:00 PM  

Hey! The 'comment crew' on my blog is asking about you, they think they scared you off! I told them you were dealing with hurricane season and that you weren't easily intimidated by a bunch of weirdos, but I hope everything is well!

Mega Saturday, September 13, 2008 11:02:00 AM  

You aren't alone in this problem. I have a real hard time eating with chopsticks.

Rebecca Saturday, September 13, 2008 5:05:00 PM  

I love eating with chopsticks. Not only does everything seem to taste better - you digest better too because you're eating slower and smaller bites.

Seriously WTF is up with the Sox?? Ugh. they're killing me. And Colon is pitching tonight which is so not giving me a warm and fuzzy..

Nichole M Sunday, September 14, 2008 10:32:00 PM  

You really did very well for your first time! Now you just have to practice so you don't forget!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:23:00 AM  

Ted: What you need is a good teacher (which I had!) and yes, there was an adult beverage preceding instruction. LOL

Stacy: Perhaps I need to pick up a pair for home use...

Chele: I did not try soup! OMG my head would have exploded!

Gail: It takes a good teacher & lots of concentration. ;-)

kreed: I can see how! I have to concentrate so hard, it takes forever to eat!

Joe: I didn't see the Patriots opener. After learning of Brady's demise, I am thinking I am even more glad I was at Disneyland. =P

April: Step 1-have a martini. ;-)

Colleen: I was laughing so hard, it's a wonder I got anything in my mouth! =D

Ingrid: It took me a while to eat, I will tell you that! And thank GOD there is no pictorial evidence of *that*. =P

Marianne: You & me both! ;-) I said I ate with them. I didn't say *well*. LOL!

Mega: Nichole can teach you! She was an awesome teacher!

Rebecca: I just can't imagine eating with them if I were starving. I would absolutely *not* have the patience!

Nichole: Thank you. You were the best teacher! =) I am contemplating getting a set just to hold while I watch tv, so I don't forget. =P

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP