Monday, May 5, 2008

redemption

the weekend before last: 5 runs on 17 hits in 3 days
the weekend just past: 26 runs on 39 hits in 3 days

the weekend before last: one stolen base in the entire series. by Manny. (still confused by that.)
the weekend just past: 6 stolen bases, including *two* double steals. and two solo home runs.

the weekend before last: swept by the Rays in Tampa. shame.
the weekend just past: sweeping the Rays in Boston. redemption is sweet!

now if we could just figure out what to do about the sick & injured... Papi's knee is balky again & Brandon Moss had a great game, then found himself checked into a hospital to have his appendix removed. =/ even our back ups are getting broken.

onward to four in Detroit, followed by four in Minnesota. don't worry, Tigers fans. our starting pitching may be locked in & we may have finally started swinging bats again, but Lugo is still making errors (up to nine on the season now!) and our bullpen is almost belly-up at this point, so you may still have some opportunities for feasting.

go Sox!

5 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Monday, May 05, 2008 2:12:00 PM  

I can't tell you the last time I saw a Sox game. I'm starting to get withdrawal shakes. Hope the streak of goodness continues so I can enjoy too!

Anonymous,  Monday, May 05, 2008 2:21:00 PM  

What. Is. Going. On. With. The. Bullpen? This is dangerously close to the spring/summer of 2006. I shouldn't have to watch pretty much awesome starting pitching and then get a sinking feeling in my stomach when Javier LopEZ or MDC come up...

Ted D Monday, May 05, 2008 7:40:00 PM  

Hanson is back, daniel.

All our worries are over.

::puts on rose colored glasses::

*krystyn* Monday, May 05, 2008 8:28:00 PM  

I don't think I have enough confidence in the Tigers to think they may snag a game from Boston...I guess we'll see.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, May 05, 2008 8:40:00 PM  

Nichole: We need to work on meeting your RDA of Sox. ;-)

Daniel: I am not sure but I do think part of the problem here might be some decisions by Tito. He seemed to have the right idea last year with Pedroia though so I will bide my time for another couple weeks before I start getting really frustrated.

Ted: Give me back my glasses!! ;-)

Krystyn: Just remember that a 4-game sweep is tough. There's hope!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP