Wednesday, May 21, 2008

all smiles

it occurred to me that Monday night was the first time i ever remember seeing Jon Lester smile.

and the smiles carried over when Justin Masterson recorded his first major league win last night. a win that he managed to get after giving up one run over 6+ innings when the offense ponied up only two runs for him. a win that was very nearly blown by Jeemer (wrist still not feeling well or is he officially slumping now?) but was preserved by Cheerio Mouth's four outs in lights out closing.

what more can i say?

one thought: why is it that five wins in a row doesn't conjure nearly the same degree of emotion as five losses? five in a row is certainly also reason to smile.

and also? a good drubbing of the Yankees by our friends in Baltimore doesn't make the smile fade at all.

tonight we go for six behind ::gulp:: Colon. i have my paper bag handy for putting over my head. no eye holes cut out. i hope the end of the ninth inning finds us all smiling in astonishment.

4 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Wednesday, May 21, 2008 9:48:00 PM  

I can't, I just can't, believe they did not let him come out and pitch one third of a freaking inning so he could qualify for the win. :-(

Nichole M Wednesday, May 21, 2008 10:07:00 PM  

I missed the game completely yesterday, but yay Masterson! Guided by the ever-wise Tek, I'm sure. :-)

Mega Wednesday, May 21, 2008 11:02:00 PM  

I saw that and clapped myself. It was unreal. He's overcome a lot to get there.

J-Dawg's Realm Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:55:00 AM  

Well, the evil empire / Satan's Minions / etc beat up on my O's pretty good last night 8-0, however it looks like you guys swept the hapless Royals 6-3 last night so YAY RSN! :)
J

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP