Friday, August 24, 2007

Noah? hey Noah! i want you to build an ark!

my normal 25 minute commute home took nearly an hour today. it was raining so hard, streets were flooding; traffic lights were out; and even with my windshield wipers set to "so-fast-it-looks-like-they-might-just-fly-off" (and let's face it, when you need to use a setting that high, it's really just a futile effort at that pont) i still could only see watery distortions of the vehicles in front of me. half of which did not bother to turn on their headlights. am i the only one who follows the "if your wipers are on, your lights should be too" rule?

and then came the mad dash from car to front door. i don't know why i bothered running. when it's raining this hard, it doesn't matter if you're in it for three seconds or three minutes. you still look like a drowned rat.

now if you'll excuse me, i'm dripping all over my keyboard. i think i need a towel.

4 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Friday, August 24, 2007 8:11:00 PM  

You don't have an umbrella in your car?

Brian in Oxford Friday, August 24, 2007 8:18:00 PM  

PLEASE tell me you've heard Bill Cosby's "Noah" trilogy....

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Friday, August 24, 2007 11:15:00 PM  

Could you please send me just a little of that rain?! Pretty please :)

Colleen Saturday, August 25, 2007 3:07:00 PM  

I have three umbrellas in my car. I own two raincoats (and about another sporty one that I can't resist.) And I also have big pink rubber boots. .....I'll send you everything ;)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP