Sunday, August 19, 2007

because every now & then...

...a girl needs to get lost in a fairy tale... to believe in fallen stars... magic... and her one true love riding in on a horse to rescue her...

...and to escape into an imaginary world like Stardust...

8 with their own thoughts:

gail@more than a song Monday, August 20, 2007 8:45:00 AM  

Did you see this one, is it good?
For some reason I don't think I've seen trailers for it.

Debi Monday, August 20, 2007 12:36:00 PM  

I just bought the book. Really want to read it before seeing the movie, but who knows when I'll get to it.

Anonymous,  Monday, August 20, 2007 8:13:00 PM  

Not to ruin your fantasy, but I've always been leery of the whole "knight on a white horse" image of men to rescue women. I mean, we should be able to rescure ourselves, right? We are smart and strong enough to make our own destinies and not wait for someone who may or may not come and do what we hope...

Mega Monday, August 20, 2007 8:35:00 PM  

Nichole is right in her own way, but I am a knight and I do happen to ride my white horse to work, so please remember that there are those of us in shiny armor that still exist.

Anonymous,  Monday, August 20, 2007 9:18:00 PM  

Chivalry is so rare, I applaud it in any form. Thanks, Dan. :-)

Chele76 Tuesday, August 21, 2007 8:29:00 AM  

so how was it???? I am *very* interested in seeing it!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, August 21, 2007 8:34:00 AM  

Chele: If you enjoy a good deviation from reality, it's great. Completely predictable in that it is a fairy tale. Robert De Niro cracked me up. There is a fair amount of tongue-in-cheek, veiled to keep the kiddies from catching the allusion, but some of it really made me laugh. Oh & the brothers were pretty amusing too! It's by no means intellectual but it was fun. =) Pretty much what I expected, from the previews.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP