Tuesday, August 21, 2007

authorblog asks: August 21, 2007

David has started asking a question on his blog each weekend.

the inaugural question is:
What would you like to say to the girlfriend or boyfriend who first dumped you?

his name was Dan. (to my knowledge, it still is, but you get the idea. i will refrain from sharing his last name here.) Dan dumped me in favor of a younger woman. it's ok though. well, at the time it wasn't but... well. who really enjoys getting dumped? we're talking almost fourteen years ago now. i'm not harboring any ill feelings. (his mother might be though. she was... let's just say she is responsible for my fear of subsequent boyfriends' mothers. except for Michael's, whom i always loved. but that is neither here nor there, and i am so far off track, there's no smooth transition back to where i was supposed to be, so this will have to be abrupt. sorry.)

to Dan, i would simply say, in a laughing & somewhat conspiratorial way: what on earth were we thinking?? isn't it funny to look back at how we thought life would play out? thank *God* one of us ended it. i know i couldn't do it. i think i was afraid your mother would kill me. she was just looking for a reason. and even though she wanted me gone (for being evil, though i still don't know what i did wrong!), i think she would have used that excuse for killing me, because how dare i dump her precious boy. anyway, i'm glad that i hear, through the grapevine, that life's been kind to you. oh & jeez did you ever grow up from the time i graduated to when i saw you next at Neil & Gosia's wedding!

4 with their own thoughts:

david mcmahon Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:04:00 PM  

Lovely work, Dawn

I was just thinking, ``haven;t visited Dawn in a coupla days'' and what do I see when I visit - a blog called David from Australia!

I love the fact that you use ``whom'' correctly. I love the fact that you went ``off track - sometimes meandering is good for a story.

I love your gentle humour, even when you describe a potentially homicidal mom.

Go the mighty Red Sox ....

Keep smiling

David

kreed Wednesday, August 22, 2007 12:16:00 AM  

I am glad he did the dumping in case mom was indeed a homicidal maniac - the world wouldn't be nearly as much fun without your blog in it!

Chele76 Wednesday, August 22, 2007 7:18:00 AM  

why does 'Morning Glow' get stuck in my head almost every morning as I wake up?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP