Sunday, November 29, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 47

Checking in for the week of November 22 through November 28.

WHAT I READ |
Luther: Biography of a Reformer (Frederick Nohl) - A bit dry at times, but interesting nonetheless. It definitely went into far more detail than I was given during my Lutheran school education felt board presentations. I learned more about the background history, what was going on in the world at the time and what kind of man Luther was. I received it as a gift a while ago and its been sitting on my bookshelf. I'm glad I finally read it and got a mini refresher course in the reformer.
When Will There Be Good News? (Kate Atkinson) - This series has improved as it has progressed, but one this has not changed: It ropes me in quickly, then falls off to a trudge before picking up the pace again.

WHAT WE ATE|
We had chicken sandwiches, rigatoni with sausage and roasted peppers, and some hot dogs, before traveling to Virginia for Thanksgiving, where we had the traditional holiday feast.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Cinnamon Frosting (BBW)

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
For $3, I was powerless to resist this wee Christmas cactus. Here's hoping I don't kill it.


Dinner assembly.


Already well on the road by the time the sun started to wake up.


Be still my heart.


Appreciating the last bits of a Virginia sunset.


Autumn hanging on by a thread.


Hibachi!


Red, white, and blue.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP