Sunday, November 15, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 45

Checking in for the week of November 8 through November 14.

WHAT I READ |
Chasing Fireflies (Charles Martin) - It started slowly. Not so slowly that I ever seriously considered putting it down, but slowly enough that I assumed I'd muddle through it, and upon completion, probably never think about it again. I couldn't have been more off base. The story started slowly, but it built, layer upon layer, like all the good stories do, until you feel like you know the characters personally...and kind of wish you did. Parts of this book were harsh and painful to read, but they gave the story a depth that couldn't have been otherwise achieved. There was a smattering of humor and a pinch of mystery, and even though I suspected the "big reveal," it made it no less satisfying. I will even admit that there was more than one part of the book that left tears trailing silently down my cheeks, and books almost never have that effect on me. It wasn't the best book I've ever read, but it was good -- *really* good -- and it's going to stick with me for a long while, would be my guess.
Sugar Cookie Murder (Joanne Fluke) - This one should take long to finish, since half the book is comprised of recipes.

WHAT WE ATE|
Burgers and tater tots. Pot roast with mashed potatoes and carrots. Spaghetti and meatballs. WDW with friends = Yak and Yeti for lunch, California Grill for dinner.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Frosted Cranberry (BBW)
Ghostly Treats (YC) - Light vanilla and sugar, just like a marshmallow.
Apple Pumpkin (YC) - This was surprisingly delightful. Sometimes I smelled the apple, other times the pumpkin. Never both at the same time though!
Vanilla Caramel (YC) - This was the perfect vanilla blend for autumn.
Cinnamon Frosting (BBW) - Spicy sweet.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
I can't believe this is going to be closing down soon. I wonder what it will look like after its refurbishment? In the mean time, trying to capture as many details as I can.


Wanna strike up a conversation with every fifth person you pass? Come dressed like this to WDW while the Patriots are playing.


Accidental selfie! (I swear I'm having fun. It was just way too bright outside for me to be without sunglasses.)


TESTTRACK


Evening commute.


I have long enough hair now to make a bun. For the first time since 1996.


Mickey.


Stretching is important. And, clearly, so! much! fun!


GOOD JOB


Test Track after dusk is my favorite.


Shhhhh...


Chickens! For real, the creative ways they theme decorations on WDW property never fails to amuse me. This was in Harambe, in Animal Kingdom.


Kali River Rapids, from above.


The view from the observation deck outside Top of the World Lounge, in Bay Lake Tower.


There's a tiny Contemporary in my drink!!


Dinner with friends.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP