Saturday, November 7, 2015

This Week on My TV: November 7, 2015

Disclaimer: Consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. You read at your own risk!



**(Madam Secretary, 2x04 Waiting for Taleju) This Stevie and Harrison thing is never going to go away, is it... -- Nadine: There's nothing unsavory. Just thought I'd get rid of the hanging chads, so to speak. Daisy: Oh, I get it. You don't want to be looking at these things at 2am, after a glass of wine and too much Adele. Not that I speak from experience. Nadine: Scotch and Joni Mitchell, for me. -- Henry: Never underestimate the power of gin and denial. -- That was a lot of pressure on the twelve year old who was the kumari from Nepal. -- I totally smirked when Elizabeth asked Henry "Is it wrong that I found it kinda hot?" after he threatened to go Godfather on the guy who leaked photos of Stevie and Harrison to the media. Their interactions are just the best. -- Stevie [to the guy who leaked the photos of her]: I just wanted to get to know you as a person. So I wouldn't reduce you to one stupid thing that you did. See how that works? ... That was particularly mature of Stevie. I was rather impressed.

**(The Good Wife, 7x05 Payback) I took some deep pleasure in watching Crouse mess with that nasty debt collector guy, even though all characters involved were fictitious. I think this has something to do with dealing with pushy, rude, threatening telephone callers regularly at my job. -- Marissa: Mr Neftali is offering you twice as much as you're making now. Eli: How do you know what I make? Marissa: I'm a witch. -- Crouse is much more fun than Kalinda. She was always so dark and twisted. Crouse is unrepentant, incorrigible, a flirt, and witty. -- Alicia: Her $8000? Crouse: Yeah. Alicia: From the scammer? Crouse: Yeah. Alicia: How did you do that? Crouse: I persuaded him. Alicia: How? Crouse: By being presuasive. -- Eli stirring up trouble with Ruth. A scheming Eli is an amusing Eli. -- I may never get over Finn leaving the show but the addition of Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Jason Crouse is absolute brilliance.

**(Last Man Standing, 5x06 Halloween) Mike: Look at that: drugs and guns. I'm definitely a Libertarian. -- Kyle as Ed for Halloween. That was classic. -- Mandy: I don't want you to kiss me when you look like that. I would feel like I was cheating on your with future you. And I don't want future you to be into young chicks. Kyle-as-Ed: Yeah but you know it's just me. Mandy: Yeah, my ears do, but my eyes don't, and I hate it when they get confused. It's like when I see that movie with all the talking toys and I keep thinking I hear my dad's voice. -- It's funny how a Larabee addition to an episode almost guarantees I will love it but one Ryan sighting and I immediately sing a different tune.

**(Madam Secretary, 2x05 The Long Shot) Maybe Daisy isn't hiding a real life pregnancy after all, because she was wearing some rather tight, high-wasted pants. Which leaves me very confused why she's been getting all those upper body camera angles, standing behind large objects, and constantly holding props in front of her midsection. -- I cannot believe that Gorev was assassinated! I did NOT see that coming, at all. -- I am trying to decide who is behind Gorev's murder and the plane hackings:  Maria Ostrov seems too obvious. And even though the Ukraine president had his plane taken over, that could be a coverup to him pulling strings. -- This really is such a smart show. The relationships that are convincingly real. The creativity of the plot lines. The character depth. -- Why was Elizabeth wearing shoes in the house at midnight??

**(Grey's Anatomy, 12x01 Sledgehammer) Jackson: Why do you think everybody thinks they have a right to a front row seat to my marriage? Show's closed. Not selling tickets. -- Maggie's speech about being bullied as a child was wow. I just wanted to hug her. -- I can't remember if we've ever seen Bailey as intimidated by anyone the way she was around Dr McConnell. -- Stephanie [after Arizona forces her to say why no one wants to be Arizona's new roommate]: They say you have two legs and you only pretend that one is amputated...for the parking space. -- Mer: I'm sorry I said you had fleas. Maggie: Meredith! Amelia: What?? Mer: I don't...I don't know how to talk to you! You are a lot...sometimes. I don't totally like you. Amelia: Wow...ok. Mer: But I don't have to. Because you're family, I love you. -- ::head tilt:: Mer, teaching...I'm very intrigued! -- I have one question: Where were Mer's three kids while she and Amelia were tearing down that wall??

**(Blue Bloods, 6x06 Rush to Judgment) Let me sum up this episode succinctly: Ugh Potter. And Guerrero. And what's with Jamie being a whiny brat? I thought that was Nicky's role in the family?

**(Blindspot, 1x06 Cede Your Soul) Ok, so...there are layers upon layers of tattoos on Jane, and potentially this show could just go on...forever? -- Hmmm. I wonder who the Man with the Tree Tattoo is, and how does he fit into Jane's missing past, and why is she dreaming about him? -- I do feel bad for Jane. She is clearly feeling so lonely and isolated.

**(Scandal, 5x05 You Got Served) We're not getting nearly enough David this season -- I can't decide if Liv hiring Leo is a great idea or selling her soul to the Devil. -- Edison had every right to lay into Liv like he did, She was *awful* to him. -- Cy was a little demented, watching all the impeachment investigation fallout surrounded by snacks. -- Patty Snell [to Elizabeth North]: What, did someone give you a list of buzzwords when you took this job? Things to say so that you sound like you know how to help run a country? -- I'm not entirely convinced that Marcus is working *for* Liv and not against her. -- Olivia: I guess that means you have a type. Jake: So do you. Married men. -- I suddenly really like Fitz. It was the absolute disgust for bananas. -- That was quite a negotiation between Fitz and Cyrus. But I do have this question: if someone planted a camera in the Oval Office that caught Liv and Fitz. how is anywhere safe to have a confidential conversation?

**(Grey's Anatomy, 12x02 Walking Tall) I really love who Mer is right now. Her reactions are real but mature. And she is strong and witty and smart. -- LOL: That whole "lady place" conversation. -- I felt really bad for April-in-a-bubble, but Jackson is right. She has been focused entirely on what *she* wants and the ultimatums are being given by her, and really, she went to the opposite end of the unlikable spectrum from where she was when we first met her. -- Amelia: Have you ever had a friend who's, like, a really good friend, but you just wanna make out with him all the time? Callie: Oh yeah. Yeah, I used to do that for years. Amelia: And what happened? Callie: Sophia. -- When Jade was about to collapse on top of Jo, all I could think (and I feel mean just thinking it) was "timber!" -- BEARDED INTERN is setting up to be a character that I like. But DORKY INTERN? Is he crushing on Jo? Does he not know about Alex? -- I pretty much heart-ed Bailey telling Mer "I need a me" and making Mer the new Chief of General Surgery.

**(Blindspot, 1x07 Sent on Tour) Patterson: Everyone that's moved in has moved out in six months. ... How many have moved in with her?? -- This whole thing is *definitely* like some bizarre scavenger hunt. -- Mayfair: What's going on here? Patterson: How did you find me? Mayfair: I'm FBI, that's how. -- If Patterson's boyfriend is that smart that he can decipher these tattoo puzzles they all struggle with, why doesn't the FBI hire *him*??

**(Grey's Anatomy, 12x03 I Choose You) Amelia changing in the car OMG weird and awkward! -- It hurts my heart a little every time I see Mer's ferry boat scrub cap. What a great touch. -- Alex has become a great doctor and a good man. Telling those babies' parents that he chooses which survives, if it comes to that "and the rest you put on me." -- Alex: If one of your kids had to die, which one would you choose and why? Mer: Well, Bailey because he kept me up all night, but ask me again tomorrow and it might be Zola. -- I love the way Bailey encouraged Mer to value herself by lowballing her contract and waiting for Mer to speak up about her worth.

**(Grey's Anatomy, 12x04 Old Time Rock and Roll) LOL: Maggie's "No more talking!" when Amelia and Mer start talking about Maggie's one night stand. That would pretty much have been my reaction too. -- Maggie: He's an intern. Who does that?? Who screws the interns? What kind of person does that? Mer [laughing]: The father of my children. -- I'm having a real love-hate relationship with April right now. She's still sweet and kind...but then not, when it comes to Jackson. --  Who let me watch this episode at work with poor 90 year old Abe dying before he could propose to the second chance love of his life and then poor Gabby waking up from surgery to find out he had died?? ::sob:: -- My heart broke for Mer when she taught the interns how to break the death news to the family. ... Mer: When you walk into a room to tell someone that their loved one has died, it's more than just a list of bullet points you've memorized. Yours is the face they will remember for the rest of their life. They were fine before they met you. They picked up their children from school, they made dinner, and they got a call. The police showed up at their door and brought them here, with those children, to this room, so that *you* can give them the worst news of their entire life. You're changing this person's life forever. You are responsible for this moment. For the instant that person goes from wife to widow is you, all you, nobody but you. So this person isn't an inconvenience, they are not a box on a list to be checked off, you are a part of their life now. Your words, your face, so take that seriously and recognize the importance of your role, and respect the fact that that person's pain is the biggest thing in the room. -- ::insert wide-eyed emoji here:: Maggie and DeLuca. This is going to be...something, isn't it... -- OMG. Callie's new woman is Penny. *Penny* who killed Derek with bad decisions, Penny. OMG.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP