Sunday, July 26, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 29

Checking in for the week of July 19 through July 25.

WHAT I READ |
Within My Heart (Tamera Alexander) - While this genre -- faith-based historical fiction/romance -- is certainly not for everyone, I have to say I enjoyed it tremendously. The characters were very real, had very relatable struggles and fears, and had shortcomings with which I could easily, if not always personally, identify. Each of their stories spoke to me on a deep internal level that I appreciated. In fact, this book made me teary on more than one occasion. This may not be a "book of great literature," but it was a book, and a series, that made me feel a broad range of emotions. I'll miss the folks in Timber Ridge, their stories having been concluded, but I am looking forward to checking out some more of Tamera Alexander's writing.

WHAT WE ATE|
We went old school with some tuna casserole, this week. And then we went in the complete opposite direction and made Sweet and Sour Meatballs, served over rice (which is the best way to catch every last drop of that sweet and sour sauce). We also had Thanksgiving in July: turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn. Yum!

CANDLE SCENTS|
Honeydew Melon (YC)
Summer Wish (YC) - This one was a tad more floral than I was hoping, so small doses are my limit.
Mango Peach Salsa (YC) - If a candle can smell like drippy, juicy, ripe summer fruit, this one does it. I choose my candles to manufacture four distinct seasons indoors if not out, and even though summer is the one I don't have to fake it, this smells like summer to me.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
Polka dot.


We sang a hymn, in church, inspired by my favorite Psalm. That probably seems like the biggest cliche, since it's the most well known. But I listened to my Gram and Gramp pray it, kneeling side by side, on many night of mu childhood, my bedroom just across the hall from theirs. These words have brought me more peace and comfort throughout my life than probably any others.


WINNER!


No words or filters necessary.


Food and Wine Fest planning shall commence.


That cloud is huge. And very very low.


Rain.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP