Saturday, July 11, 2015

This Week on My TV: July 11, 2015

Disclaimer: Consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. You read at your own risk!



**(Parenthood, S6E13 May God Bless and Keep You Always) Hank wants Zeek's blessing. And none of the other guys, not even Joel, ever asked Zeek for that before. -- Zeek calling Sarah "baby girl." Oh, this show. -- Well, I'm glad Haddie made it back for the wedding, at least. I wondered if she'd make a series finale appearance. -- Love love love that Max was made official wedding photographer. -- Joel and Julia kissing. And kissing. And being swoony. -- Weddings make cry. Real ones. Fictional ones. Doesn't matter. -- Zeek and Camille's third act, bringing Amber and baby Zeek to live in the big house with them. That was perfection. -- I loved all the conversations taking place on the dance floor. So intimate and so perfectly executed, like we got a few final private minutes with these characters. -- I thought I would escape Zeek's actual death, that maybe it would be referenced in past tense at the end, but no. And then I cried. Again. -- The "future" montage at the end was exactly the kind of closure I needed: Camille taking Zeek's trip to Paris. Crosby making The Luncheonette work without Adam and Jasmine there, round with another new Crosby babe. Amber's dinner table with her husband and daughter (!), and Ryan dropping of little Zeek. Max graduating from Chambers Academy, getting his diploma from Headmaster Adam Braverman.  And my favorite of all, Christmas morning with Joel and Julia, with a new puppy for Sydney and Victor and Victor's little sister...and a baby boy on Julia's lap!! Oh my gosh, I am tearing up just picturing that last one even now. What a great run for this show. I will miss those Bravermans.

**(The Astronaut Wives Club, S1E3 Retroattitude) If I only had a dollar for every time my dad or Gramp told me "it'll put hair on your chest" when I was a kid. I died laughing when they used this line! -- When are these guys going to learn about philandering when their wives keep showing up?! -- Drunk Trudy. LOL -- I love the wardrobe choices. I want them all. I must have been born in the wrong era. -- Rene's writing on the death of baby Timmy gave her character some much-needed depth. -- Scott Carpenter: If you want people to know the real you, you've gotta let 'em actually see it. -- I keep trying to pick a favorite wife. I can't.

**(The Astronaut Wives Club, S1E4 Liftoff) Wow, those are some spiffy new houses they were given in Houston. -- What's up with Louise and Max and that gigantic spark? -- The Gemini wives are adding an interesting twist. -- Love that they used real news coverage of Cuban missile crisis. I also love Evan Handler (he'll always be Charlotte's Harry to me though!) in this role as Duncan Porter. And all the 60s music they've chosen, which makes me want to head right over to iTunes. -- Gosh, what a tense time to live in with all the nuclear fear and worrying the world was about to end. -- Deke promoted to chief astronaut after his heart issue. Nice move. -- Poor Betty, being judged for being the most real, sweetest of the wives. Let her take the arrangement, because she's right: why should it go to waste? -- There is something very appealing about Max that I cannot place my finger on. -- I still haven't picked a favorite wife, but I'm relatively certain it's not Jo.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP