Friday, July 24, 2015

Assumptions.



People assume that, because you are, by nature, happy, that you've never known what it is to endure hardship. The truth is I'm happy *because* I've endured it and triumphed. I know what it's like to hurt deeply and lose much, to start over from almost nothing, so I'm grateful for every last blessing in my life, and possibly even more keenly aware of their presence. I believe in seeking out the good, making space for my priorities, reveling in the simplest pleasures, keeping my eyes open to the wonders around me, and choosing gratitude, joy, sincerity, and genuine kindness. This is why I'm happy. Not because I don't know what it's like to suffer or because I'm blissfully ignorant of reality.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP