Sunday, June 29, 2014

Weary.



I'll let you look inside me
Through the stains and through the cracks
And in the darkness of this moment
You'll see the good and bad
(from "Glass," by Thompson Square)

Even the cheerful become tired sometimes. My optimism shows a tarnish of cynicism. The corners of my mouth may turn upward, but the smile doesn't reach my eyes. It becomes effort to accomplish the easiest tasks on my list.

The heat is relentless and draining. The to-dos multiply. People around me are grumpy and snappish. I grow heavy.

It rarely lasts long. For that, I am grateful. The coolness of ice cream for dessert. The sanctuary of mindless television beside my husband on the couch. A good night's rest. Dialing back the demands for a weekend.

I perk back up. I always do. My cheerful nature resurfaces, with its shiny outlook, a genuine laugh, and a sense of resolve to tackle what must be done.

Today, though, I am weary.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP