Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Girl on the Other Coast: January 5, 2013


In the Christmas aftermath, G and I decided we would do a simple "right now" for our collaborative post project. Nice and simple, something that's appreciated after the chaos of the holidays!

Curious what I'm doing right now? (Humor me. Pretend you're curious.) Take a virtual voyage to Little Italy and find out!
*******************************
Let's see what's going on over on the west coast with G...
*******************************
watching: The Big Bang Theory. Lots and lots of it. Two of my TAs gave me Season 5 as a Christmas gift and I couldn't be more excited for TV!

drinking:  golden French Toast coffee. It's part of the Holiday collection and I love it.

wearing:  pajamas. What? It's still Winter Break ;)

eating:  toast with peanut butter. Yum.

listening: to golfers. I'm amazed at how early they are out there. Amazed and angry when it's 7am on a weekend.

avoiding: laundry! (Dawn, are you laughing??)

wishing:  break wasn't over yet. It's not that I don't want to go back to school. I just wish I had more time to spend with people I still haven't had a chance to see yet.

feeling:  slightly overwhelmed. I thought I'd have a lot more done by this point and I just don't. I could blame the impromptu vacation I took. Perhaps my new outlook should be that pictures and memories always win over a clean house.

missing: my dad. I always miss him at this time of year and am sad that he can't be here to share it with me.

thankful:  that I've had this time to relax and spend time with those that I love. I'm really thankful for the time I was able to spend with Lynette and her family. And I'm thankful for feeling loved in return.

craving:  more time with my family. And with Mr. Smith. We didn't get to spend much time together this break but hopefully we'll make up for it this weekend.

wondering:  what this new year will hold. Something far better than the last. Even though I appreciate all the highs that 2012 had to offer, the lows were L-O-W. And I'm over that.

praying:  that I will find peace this year.

needing:  to clear some space. I feel like I can breathe better when I don't have to look at stuff everywhere. Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to a much needed cleaning/organizing session this Tuesday with Mr. Smith?

thinking:  about changing my way of thinking. I'm going to participate in the One Little Word this year and my word is content.

dreaming:  about throwing my first party soon. Happy Birthday to me in our first little place.

loving:  this little girl. truly.


************************************
(edit to add mine)


A little peek at what life is like in my post-holiday, hibernation mode! (As of Friday evening, since we have to be prepared for posting Saturday morning and all.)

watching: Last Man Standing is on. Tim Allen makes me laugh.

drinking: Some ice water. In my haste to eat my dinner, I burned my tongue. (I do know better. It just smelled so good and I was hungry!)

wearing: Yoga pants, my "Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty" t-shirt and my fuzzy blanket.

eating: I just finished eating some turkey pot pie soup (a new recipe, using up leftover Thanksgiving turkey from the freezer!) and I believe some dessert will be in order when I am done here. There are a few Christmas cookies left to finish up.

listening: The tv. Right now, it's on commercial break though. And you can tell it's early January, because every other commercial is about weight loss and dieting.

avoiding: Several items on my to-do list. I'll need to get them done over the weekend though.

wishing: My feet would get warm already. I've been wrapped in this blanket (other than when I made and ate dinner) for the past five and a half hours. I hate when my feet get cold.

feeling: Content. Also? Cold.

missing: My Gram. I wish we could sit down and have a long grown-up conversation.

thankful: For so much. A good husband. A cozy house. A reliable job. Amazing friends. So many creature comforts.

craving: Chocolate. As soon as I can convince myself to get out of my comfy spot here on the couch.

wondering: Why some people are so intent on hanging onto bitterness, negativity and ungratefulness. Perhaps they don't realize how ugly those qualities are?

praying: For all my loved ones, always.

needing: My new brown ankle boots to be delivered. I'm tired of wearing my black pair.

thinking: About what photo I want to take for my photo of the day. I have a couple different ideas.

dreaming: Early this morning, I had a dream that my Gramp (no longer with us in this world and one of the most upstanding people I've ever known) was a fugitive of the law.

loving: Chilly weather. Sparkly winter decorations. My new iPad.

1 with their own thoughts:

l Saturday, January 05, 2013 9:18:00 PM  

I loved your summer and fall TV show reviews. I hope you do one for spring too - hope there are some good ones. :) - Alexis

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP