Monday, January 7, 2013

2012: I Read Books

1. Best Book(s) You Read In 2012? 
The Help (Kathryn Stockett)

The Drawing of the Three (Stephen King)

2. Most Disappointing Book?
The Murderer's Daughters (Randy Susan Meyers)

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book?
Million Dollar Baby (Amy Patricia Meade) - I wasn't expecting much but a light, fluffy read, and the book actually ended up  being rather entertaining and fun!

4. Book(s) you recommended to people most in 2012?
I honestly don't do much recommending!

5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
I discovered probably five different series this year, but the two best were the Marjorie McLelland mysteries and The Dark Tower series.

6. Favorite new author(s) you discovered in 2012?
Amy Patricia Meade

7. Most thrilling, un-put-down-able book in 2012?
Murder in the White House (Margaret Truman)

8. Book you most anticipated in 2012?
The Drawing of the Three (Stephen King)

9. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?


10. Most memorable character in 2012?
Florentino Ariza from Love in the Time of Cholera (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)

11. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
The Help (Kathryn Stockett)

12. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
I don't know that any book I read this year truly impacted me.

13. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
Definitely The Help (Kathryn Stockett).

14. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2012?
“He was still too young to know that the heart's memory eliminates the bad and magnifies the good, and that thanks to this artifice we manage to endure the burden of the past.” from Love in the Time of Cholera (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)

15. Book you read in 2012 that you would be most likely to reread in 2013? 
I can definitely see myself reading The Help again at some point, though probably not this year. Not when I have so many books I've never read before, waiting on my to-read list!

6 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Tuesday, January 08, 2013 2:11:00 PM  

I love this list...it would take me a while to put mine together!!

I too was VERY disappointed with The Murderer's Daughters.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 08, 2013 2:18:00 PM  

I actually found this last year, Krystyn, and thought it would be a good addition to my "yearly wrap up" posts, which I have been working on since January 1. It helps to have it in draft form and make updates to it all year long (especially the one about the quote) or be thinking about it, at least. Goodreads helps a lot too, but I didn't read nearly as many as you did!

The Murderer's Daughters was one of the most unsatisfying books I've ever read! It wasn't un-readable (like Wicked was, for me), but I kept expecting it to *go* somewhere and then it just ended. Meh.

*krystyn* Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:12:00 AM  

Yes, those are my thoughts on The Murderer's Daughters as well. Just ugh!!

*krystyn* Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:05:00 AM  

And I may try to still put this together for 2012 - seems so fun!!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:20:00 AM  

I really enjoyed it and I bet it would be even more fun with a longer list of books read! I plan to do it again for 2013 and I'll be "penciling in" notes all year long again. =)

*krystyn* Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:06:00 PM  

Yes I have to go back and search for some quotes - though I know I "highlighted" some in my Nook, I'll now have to search a bit for them. Writing things down throughout the year will be much easier.

Sidenote: I kept wondering why I wasn't getting notified when you replied here...duh...I hadn't checked the box. Oops!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP