Friday, October 1, 2010

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: September 2010

A photo of me:

I went to a dinner show, Capone's, with my mother. They take your mug shot when you first come in. My mom told me to "look mean." The end result is that we laughed every time we looked at the photo.

1) Candle scents this month:
Clean Cotton. Lavender Vanilla. Lavender Fields. Vanilla Cupcake. Storm Watch. Juicy Peach.

2) What I am reading this month:
I'm between books. Not sure what I want to read next. So I am busily weeding through some stacks of old magazines, pulling out anything of to be filed for future reference & sending the rest off to be recycled.

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"My Wish," Rascal Flatts. "Don't Know Why," Nora Jones. "Blessed," Martina McBride.

4) Movies I saw:
None. Baseball, football *and* new tv episodes all happening this month. There's no time for movies!

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
When Meredith tells Cristina "He's perfect" after Cristina asked how Owen was right before their wedding, on the Grey's premiere, "With You I'm Born Again"; there was just something about that moment when you could see the depth of their friendship in Meredith's reply. Joan Cusack in the season premiere of Law & Order: SVU, "Locum"; her acting was incredible. And any time Sheldon Cooper laughs on Big Bang Theory.

6) Something yummy I made:
September was a bit of a crazy month. I didn't make anything new. I did make some mashed potatoes that came out *perfectly* though! There is just something about getting them exactly right.

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Biergarten. Sunshine Seasons. Tusker House. Capone's. Hollywood Studios. Ling's.

8) Something I that made me laugh:
When I was at my mother's timeshare before we made one of our trips into the Disney parks, I happened to notice that she was making out a list of which tv shows she wanted to set up to record on a lined Post-it notepad. The funny part? Without ever knowing she does this, I made out my list of tv shows to set up on the DVR, also on a lined Post-it notepad. The only differences? A few of the shows on our lists & the fact that her notepad was pink & mine is blue. We could not stop laughing. Apparently list-making on Post-it pads is genetic??

9) A goal I had for this month:
To make it through a jam-packed month without my apartment looking as if a tornado had touched down in it. Only once or twice was it trying to head that direction, but I stayed on top of it!

10) This month I looked forward to:
New tv episodes. There were some fantastic season finales that have left me thinking all Summer. Unfortunately, a busy month plus baseball games *and* football games being played means I will have some catching up to do on the DVR, but I love that there are new episodes lined up & waiting any time I want one!

11) Something I want to remember about this month:
The way the people who love me come through for me without fail when I need them.

12) A photo I took this month:

Just playing with the Precious at Epcot.

1 with their own thoughts:

penuttpie Monday, October 04, 2010 5:12:00 PM  

the picture is too funny! that's pretty much what i look like trying to stay mean and serious too.
1. i actually have one of those candle scents! woo!
2. what book am i not reading?? sheesh! so many in rotation right now. i also have quite a pile up of magazines too that i'm trying to get through.
4. i saw some movies i didn't want to. the american? terrible. even with george clooney. doesn't make up for it one bit!
8. the deal with the post-its? amazing! love it! ;)
11. hears hoping things start looking up for you.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP