Sunday, October 24, 2010

Food & Wine Festival 2010: Round Three

I was starving when I arrived at Epcot this week. It was actually a physical impossibility for me to walk past...

GREECE
Spanakopita. Atlantis White.

The smell of the spanakopita is *heavenly* & even that doesn't come close to how yummy it tastes! I had this last year as well. It was just too good not to repeat. The wine was super dry. Normally, even if I can't identify which fruit I am tasting, I can tell it's there. This was dry dry dry. Not bad, just dry.

As is turned out, Brandi & her husband happened to be at Disney this weekend, celebrating her birthday & partaking in a little food & wine themselves. So, I met up with them at Mexico and we wandered through the countries, finally ending up in...

SPAIN
Seared Albacore Tuna with Romesco Sauce. Marques de Caceres Rioja Crianza Red.

The tuna was tasty; it had some seasonings crusted onto it. I cannot for the life of me tell you what that sauce was. It wasn't spicy or fruity. I am thinking it was maybe red pepper? I recall very little about the wine--we were chatting at the time--but I do remember liking it, which is rare for me when it comes to reds.

We set off again around the World Showcase Lagoon & finally stopped at...

SINGAPORE
Coconut-Braised Beef Rendang with Jasmine Rice.

It isn't, ummm, much to look at. The coconut was definitely evident. It was a bit more spicy than I would prefer, but the rice helped to balance it out just a bit. (It would have been better with a little more rice, I am thinking, at least for me.) Not that I would shudder at eating it again, just not my personal favorite. What I will NOT be trying at any point in the future is the Singapore Sling [not pictured] that Brandi & Phil tried. They insisted I had to try a sip. It was really just a larger size dose of cough medicine was the final consensus.

For out final stop of the day, we decided to go with...

FRANCE
Parisian Cosmo Slush

I decided to take a different spin on "dessert" this time. The slush sounded so refreshing (it was a little warm outside) & I do like me some cranberry. There was an ulterior motive for stopping in France, though. Brandi wanted to me try something I have not ever worked up enough nerve to sample. And so, taking her on her word that it would not be a chewy texture, I tried one of her Escargot Persillade en Brioche [not pictured]! I was pleasantly surprised! It really was just buttery goodness, that tasted similar to garlic bread! I may have to get this one on my own at some point--something I thought I would never say.

I am very much looking forward to Round Four because it will mean Nichole & Daniel have arrived at WDW! As much as I enjoy going by myself, it is always lots of fun to spend the day "globe-trotting" & tasting with wonderful friends. (As long as they are the patient sort who doesn't mind that I need to whip out my camera before eating anything.)

3 with their own thoughts:

Rachel Monday, October 25, 2010 2:06:00 PM  

Everything looks delicious! Glad you had a chance to meet up with Brandi! I saw your tweet about the escargot! How brave of you!! :)

penuttpie Saturday, November 13, 2010 3:57:00 PM  

ok really? i want to go so bad!!
love seeing the different food you got to taste :)
i just recently tasted a red i liked as well. shocking since i so don't enjoy the reds at all. and snail? good for you! because i don't know if i could do it. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP