Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Want Wednesday: October 6, 2010

I have a conundrum. (Ha! I love big words.) (Yes, I *am* a dork. Whatever.) Getting back on track. The office staff at work gets a cake (or pie or some sort of tasty treat) on their birthday. The birthday boy or girl gets to choose. Whatever they want. Every year since I've been here, I have chosen an ice cream cake, mostly because I wasn't allowed to have one growing up; October in New England was "too cold" for an ice cream cake, so I was told. This year I wanted to go with something different. I made the terrible mistake of visiting the Publix bakery site. It just isn't wise to give a Libra too many choices! And there are *far* too many mouth-watering choices there...

I managed to narrow it down to four. It was not easy. You should be impressed.

I'm taking I Want Wednesday in a different direction today. I Want you to tell me which one to choose before my brain explodes!

**Strawberry Sensation

Your choice of vanilla or chocolate cake filled with vanilla custard, strawberry glaze, and fresh strawberries. The whipped topping matches the cake flavor, and is garnished with ganache icing, glazed strawberries, and chocolate curls.

**Strawberry Elegance

This dessert gets its name from the glazed berries that top it, along with chocolate ganache icing and chocolate curls. Filled with vanilla custard and iced with whipped topping, the three-layer cake is either chocolate or vanilla—your choice.

**Raspberry Elegance

This cake is certainly worthy of its name, with four layers of moist vanilla cake and a luscious raspberry filling. Covered with our rich cream cheese icing, this impressive dessert is as beautiful to behold as it is delicious to eat. Also available in chocolate.

**Ebony and Ivory Cake

Four alternating vanilla and chocolate cake layers filled with alternating layers of vanilla custard and chocolate pudding. On top, vanilla and chocolate whipped topping, pieces of dark chocolate, and drizzled chocolate ganache icing make this cake look as good as it tastes.


5 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Wednesday, October 06, 2010 9:28:00 AM  

I voted for the ebony and ivory... not just because that song would be stuck in everyones head for days... but because it has a little bit of everything ! Now how do i get a slice mailed to me??

Janet Wednesday, October 06, 2010 1:53:00 PM  

lol so far 3 of 'em are running neck and neck...too funny!

Mega Wednesday, October 06, 2010 9:40:00 PM  

What about the "All of the above" option?

Giuseppina Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:19:00 PM  

chocolate and vanilla with strawberries on the side!!

Daniel James,  Thursday, October 07, 2010 7:11:00 PM  

I have to amend my vote (no, no one needs to call Al Gore's legal team, it's not like that)... I am voting for the Raspberry Elegance but in Chocolate. I just didn't want there to be any confusion. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP