Sunday, October 17, 2010

Food & Wine Festival 2010: Round Two

And so it was that I ventured back to Epcot on Saturday for another tasty tour around the world.

Round Two kicked off in...

POLAND
Kielbasa and Potato Pierogie with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream.

This standby is an old favorite. I knew it would be good. I've had it plenty of times before. It's not terribly adventurous but sometimes the taste buds want what they *know* is good! I'm always shocked that I like the onions, not being a fan of them as a rule, but they are so sweet done this way.

A quick zip around the corner brought me to my next stop...

GERMANY
Nurnberger Sausage in a Pretzel Roll. Hooked Riesling.

Another choice that I am fairly familiar with. If you've never had a pretzel roll, then you just won't understand the draw. So warm & soft & slightly salty... Mmmm... I went with the suggested wine pairing. Bottom line: I have yet to meet a Riesling I don't thoroughly enjoy!

From Germany, the next country in line was...

ITALY
Polpettine Toscane with Rosemary Breadstick.

The sauce was yummy, but to be honest, the meatballs were a bit dry for my personal preference. The flavor was good, but a dry meatball is just 'meh' for me. The best part of this dish was the breadstick.

Having three fairly heavy dishes in my tummy (never ceases to amaze me that such small portions can truly fill me up!), I decided it was time for dessert, before I found myself tragically too full, so after carefully studying the map, I chose my final destination to be...

BELGIUM
Freshly Baked Waffles with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream.

Despite having to old favorites to start out this tasting trip, I have to say that *this* was my favorite selection of the day! The waffle was warm & soft, the berries were sweet without being *too* sweet, and the whole thing was surprisingly light given its appearance. Even without being chocolate, it was the perfect way to close Round Two.

1 with their own thoughts:

penuttpie Saturday, October 23, 2010 3:53:00 PM  

yum, yum, and more yum!!
bummer that the italian meatballs weren't great. you just need to try MY italian meatballs :) those are delish!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP