Thursday, October 7, 2010

Right Now: October 7, 2010

Outside my window... the gorgeous weather is taunting me with its perfectly clear blue skies, gentle breeze, mild temperature. And here I am, stuck at my desk.

I am thinking... about Peanut Butter M&Ms.

I am thankful for... everyone else being at lunch right now.

From the kitchen... there was pizza last night.

I am wearing... jeans, a sleeveless orange sweater, brown heeled boots & my black track jacket (because they insist on running the a/c at 70*).

I am creating... order from chaos.

I am going... stir crazy!!

I am reading... sports headlines.

I am hoping... the Twins can tie up their ALDS matchup against the Yankees tonight.

I am hearing... the a/c running, the fish tank gurgling, a machine in the shopping humming & my own typing.

Around the house... better be quiet, since I'm not there right now!

One of my favorite things... crisp morning air.

I don't understand... why some people feel communication is optional.

I wish... I could get my work computer set up properly. Setting up this new machine has not gone smoothly. I hope that isn't an omen.

A few plans for the rest of the week... catching up on some shows on the DVR, watching the baseball playoffs, taking a tour of Food & Wine Festival, and decorating for Autumn.

A picture to share...

This is one of my most prized possessions. It is the original key to my grandparents' home. They replaced their kitchen door when I was an adolescent, but this is the key I remember turning in the lock for most of my childhood. So many of my happiest memories revolved around that house & the people inside it. Seeing that key never fails to make me smile. So while it is of little use or value to anyone else, it is infinitely precious to me.

4 with their own thoughts:

Janet Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:47:00 PM  

That's so funny...I kept the skeleton key from my parents' old door, too. The door had been replaced many moons ago, but I loved that old key!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle Friday, October 08, 2010 11:36:00 AM  

I love the picture of the key, and the thought of the memories that come long with it.

I'm going to do one of these posts on my blog today!

penuttpie Saturday, October 09, 2010 12:55:00 PM  

i just love when you do these :) such a nice little glimpse into your life.
i should probably do one of these too since i seem to not be able to find time to blog!! at least you would read it ;)
ps. love the key!! so special :)

Brandt! Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:39:00 PM  

Love the key!! I stole your idea which I saw on Janet's blog .. thank you!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP