Friday, August 4, 2006

rude awakening

i slept really well last night until just after 4am. then Casey started carrying on, whining to go out. he drank a lot of water last night, so even though he had just gone out right before i went to bed, i made myself get up & take him. the plan was to be as quick about it as possible & hopefully get myself right back to sleep. i know myself. if i even open my eys too much, that's it. i'm done sleeping...and to be honest, i wasn't quite ready to be done sleeping quite so early.

so i step outside & right that second--like out of some Steve Martin comedy--the sprinklers outside the front door go off & i get blasted in the face with ice cold water by the one that *should* have been watering the shrubs to my left. apparently the sprinkler head is facing the wrong direction, but how would i know? i'm not typically outside at that hour of the morning. so much for not waking up. =P

well what does my brilliant canine do? Casey refuses to move because he's now freaked out by the unexpected shower, so i am standing there, getting drenched. i finally managed to drag him to the yard to do his thing. he goes but then coming back inside, he freezes again as we come up to the door & there i am getting soaked a second time, trying to convince the beast that we *have* to cross the path of the water in order to get in the house where it is dry. (not to mention dark & also has my bed.) for less than 30 pounds, he sure can be difficult to move if he doesn't want to move. i finally drag him back toward the door, but he starts running, pulling me along like an empty dog sled behind him & my feet are of course wet...so when my first foot hits the tile in the foyer, i slide, unceremoniously being dragged along by a flurry of wet feet & floppy dog ears. the toes on my other foot did not fare as well; they crashed right into the cement below the door frame.

now it's 4am...i am drenched AND my toes on my left foot are killing me. so much for going back to sleep. Casey on the other hand got in his crate, hit his pillow & started snoring immediately. =P

9 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Friday, August 04, 2006 11:27:00 AM  

Oh my goodness as horrible as that was, I was LOL at your post. I can just see it, just like a Steve Martin comedy, you pegged it. Better move that sprinkler head before you forget and get doused again.

Hope the toes feel better soon!

*~*Michelle*~* Friday, August 04, 2006 11:41:00 AM  

That'll teach you to always be prepared, lol! Should have had an umbrella! :)

Hope that is not indicative of the rest of the weekend!

Sofia Friday, August 04, 2006 1:27:00 PM  

LOL Sorry, but the visual is so funny! Talk about a rude awakening!

Anonymous,  Friday, August 04, 2006 2:37:00 PM  

Too funny! I can just picture it...I wish I had a sprinkler system, am moving sprinkers all around my big yard yesterday and today and got doused more than once. It is too hot here and we've had no rain since may 10th.
Have a good weekend.

Lisa Carroll Friday, August 04, 2006 9:54:00 PM  

Oh man... what a way to start the day! LOL but I hope it got better for you. :) I know mine's just improved a little, thanks to that visual. ;)

Lindsy Monday, August 07, 2006 6:22:00 PM  

Just gotta say I love your choice in music videos!

Beefy Tuesday, August 08, 2006 6:07:00 AM  

Those damn dogs. Mine would do something like that if he could. It's a good thing they're so cute. I hope your toes are ok lol.

Jamie Tuesday, August 08, 2006 11:11:00 AM  

OH NO honey.
You poor thing.
You're right, straight out of a Steve Martin movie. :(

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP