Sunday, August 20, 2006

one on repeat. one that's new.

Life ain't always beautiful
Sometimes it's just plain hard
Life can knock you down, it can break your heart

Life ain't always beautiful
You think you're on your way
And it's just a dead end road at the end of the day

But the struggles make you stronger
And the changes make you wise
And happiness has its own way of takin it's sweet time

No, life ain't always beautiful
Tears will fall sometimes
Life ain't always beautiful
But it's a beautiful ride

(from "Life Ain't Always Beautiful", Gary Allan)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well you know those times
When you feel like there's a sign there on your back
Says 'I don't mind if ya kick me,
Seems like everybody has.'
Things go from bad to worse
You'd think they can't get worse than that
And then they do

You step off the straight and narrow
And you don't know where you are
Use the needle of your compass
To sew up your broken heart...

Well I've been deep down in that darkness
I've been down to my last match
Felt a hundered different demons
Breathing fire on my back
And I knew that if I stumbled
I'd fall right into the trap that they were laying

But the good news is there's angels
Everywhere out on the street
Holding out a hand to pull you back up on your feet
The ones that you've been dragging for so long
You're on your knees
You might as well be praying
Guess what I'm saying
If you're going through hell
Keep on going,
Don't slow down
If you're scared,
Don't show it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there
Yeah if you're going through hell
Keep on moving,
Face that fire
Walk right through it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there...

(from "If You're Going Through Hell", Rodney Atkins)

1 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP