Sunday, June 28, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 25

Checking in for the week of June 21 through June 27.

WHAT I READ |
Back to School Murder (Leslie Meier) - Just now starting to get into the story. I wasn't expecting to have such a book hangover from "Song of Susannah"!

WHAT WE ATE|
T did up some ribs on the grill and we ate them with baked beans (Bush's Boston Style! the only ones I buy) and some homemade coleslaw. We did up BLTs another night. Had some grilled chicken sandwiches with pasta salad. Some burgers with roasted potato wedges. And some tilapia that T seasons, seals up in a foil packet, and tosses on the grill. He put some zucchini on the grill as well. We give our grill quite the workout all year, but this time of year especially. Anything to keep the house cooler.

WHAT I BOUGHT/TRIED/ACCOMPLISHED|
New reusable grocery bags! (This might make me happier than is normal.)

CANDLE SCENTS|
Topaz Waters (BBW) - Back after Christmas, when they were having crazy sales and I had coupons and gift cards to use, I stopped in to pick up some of their candles, because they're way out of my willing to spend range when they're full price. T was with me and he picked this one. It's a very clean, slightly cologne-y masculine scent. I actually really like it. Plus the jar is this super pretty teal that lights up with the flame behind it. Definite winner!
Bahama Breeze (YC) - Like a fruity tropical drink. Just right for the relentless heat.
Coconut Bay (YC) - Staying "in theme," this one is sun and sand and sweet coconut.
Island Spa (YC) - Peaceful. Relaxing. Subtle.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
Bright colors are the hallmark of Florida summer.


The skies here just kill me. Even when it isn't sunrise or sunset. Just look at that blue and those clouds.


I wore out a couple of my reusable shopping bags and had to replace them. The designs are Publix are my favorite. How cute is that patriotic one?? And I love the retro feel of the other.


I make really good coleslaw.


My favorite pair of chopsticks. I got them in the Japanese department store at Epcot.


I love the way the teal glass glows when this candle is lit.


Remember last week? After! T built a cabinet for me (that matches the vanity he made for our master bathroom) to store the spare toilet paper and the various cleaning supplies we use in the bathroom. You can never have too much storage space!


Caught in the act, you birdseed bandit!


This cloud.



Attempting to feel like less of a sham when I accessorize.


Towering clouds.


Like a watercolor.


I have gazed at a thousand sunsets and never seen one that looks like this before.


Seriously.


Parting my hair on the opposite side...and trying not to feel like a cat with its fur brushed the wrong direction.

5 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Friday, July 31, 2015 2:09:00 PM  

Love the bathroom cabinet!!! Seriously, how about a "vacation" week for 2 in Knoxville - lodging in exchange for some bathroom makeover goodness. Ha!!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, July 31, 2015 2:55:00 PM  

LOL, Krystyn! Imagine if you lived closer... ;-)

Janet Monday, August 03, 2015 10:42:00 AM  

That towering cloud pic, omg!!! Gorgeous! Dave and I were up in the White Mountains of NH and seriously, I took about 50 pictures of clouds! The sunset pic is great too, and love your smiley picture :-)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Monday, August 10, 2015 4:45:00 PM  

Ooh, lots of bloggie goodness in this post! I loved reading what all you guys were grilling, that sounds like heaven to me! All good food, and I love to grill, messes up less in the kitchen and doesn't heat it all up! I bet your cole slaw tastes good, it certainly looks good! Cute chopsticks too, mine are plain red ones I bought in the market behind my favorite Chinese restaurant :) I use them at home instead of a fork if I cook anything remotely Asian or we get take-out! Cute shopping bags too, I found some new ones a few months ago at TJ Maxx, and I adore them :) Good for T on building more storage, a girl can NEVER have enough storage in her home!

And OH MY GOODNESS! Loved all the photos, but good golly, that sunset in the last ones was just breathtaking! I don't think I've ever seen one like that either, simply stunning. Such great shots!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, August 11, 2015 9:44:00 AM  

I always use mine for anything Asian as well, Stacy! It makes Troy chuckle, but I can't help myself. ;-) I will tell you what. That sunset was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I watched it until it was almost gone.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP