Saturday, June 6, 2015

This Week on My TV: June 6, 2105

Disclaimer: Consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. You read at your own risk!



**(Once Upon a Time, S4E21 Mother) Emma: What am I looking at? Hook: The horizon. Emma: Is it doing something? Hook: Oh, I just thought you'd find it calming. Emma: It is...So is rum. -- I cannot believe Regina gave herself a potion that would render her infertile forever. -- Cora [to Regina]: I hope you learn what it's taken me a lifetime to realize about myself. The only one standing in the way of your happiness is you. 

**(Mad Men, S7E10 The Forecast)  Betty: Well, I did the trip when it was six states. Sally: Weren't they still colonies? -- Betty totally creeped me out when she was flirting with Glen. -- Sally really lost her mind over finding out Glen was enlisting to go to Viet Nam. -- I keep saying this but Sally is *really* pretty. Even when she's giving Don Side Eye for the way he responds to one of her friends flirting with him. --  DonYou're a very beautiful girl. It's up to you to be more than that. -- I cannot identify what Don was feeling in that final scene. Remorse? Epiphany? Relief? Regret? Loneliness? -- I am way confused about Joan saying she was married twice. I can only recall one. I'm going to need to go back and watch this series in its entirety again at some point.

**(TURN,S2E5 Sealed Fate) I'm very torn about the way Anna is treating her relationship with Hewlett. I hope she isn't toying with him, because I believe he genuinely cares for her. -- Sackett: What if they're both lying? Caleb: Jesus, Sackett, do you even trust yourself? Sackett: Not for years. -- It cracks me up how much I stress over this show, because I know history! I know how this works out!! -- Washington: This is not the first time a man has appeared out of the night to offer his services to me, and I learned then that knowing one's reasons is as necessary as knowing the lies he's willing to sell. -- OMG OMG OMG SACKETT IS DEAD???

**(Grey's Anatomy,S11E24 You're My Home) Richard and Catherine should be well beyond the years of having a huge public fight. -- Bailey absolutely should be the new chief of surgery. They've been building toward this since the beginning of this show! -- I truly love who Mer is as a doctor now: strong but soft, confident but compassionate. -- The intensity of rushing the car patient from outside to OR with the clock running was spot on and exactly what this show has been missing for ages. My favorite part: Owen gliding into the elevator. -- What is going on with Maggie already?? -- Oof. Mer giving Amelia her old cell phone with Der's last voicemail on it. Playing *all* my heart strings! -- I'm rather impressed with Edwards being in charge. She's like a combo of Bailey and Cristina. -- Bailey telling Edwards to "raise her ducklings." That's some classic Grey's right there. -- YES. Mer playing the dead husband card on Catherine and Richard. *Someone* needed to set those two straight. -- Nooooo...Jackson and April are splitting up -- Richard: I will provide a safe harbor. You need a place to not be Catherine Avery, to not be decisive and set agendas and rise to the level of accomplishments that the world has come to expect of you. You need a place to fall apart. I will be that place, should you require it, in perpetuity. -- As Catherine and Richard had their hospital chapel wedding, all I could think was "how has this never happened before??" I mean, every wedding gets interrupted on this show. They work IN A HOSPITAL. It seemed so obvious. -- Was the MerDer marriage ever made legal? Sure, they had the PostIt, but I wonder about things like the MerDer house and was she his legal spouse and was there a will? -- What *is* it with characters on this show waning to make homes out of broken down dumps? Cristina. Callie and Mark. Now Jo? -- The version of "How to Save a Life" that they played while Amelia listened to Der's last voicemail was positively  haunting -- Mer: Well, you should *always* come talk to me. Because whatever it is, chances are, I've seen worse, and I am qualified to tell you how you'll survive. You should *always* come and talk to me. -- Mer and her sisters. That made my heart smile. -- Meredith [closing monologue]: You can build a house out of anything, make it as strong as you want. But a home...a home is more fragile than that. Home is made of the people you fill it with. And people can be broken, sure, but any surgeon knows what's broken can be mended, what's hurt can be healed. That no matter how dark it gets, the sun's gonna rise again.

**(TURN ,S2E6 Houses Divided) The Judge is just an awful human being for someone who acts so self righteous. -- Anna: Pray for your husband, Mary, not your good name. -- Simcoe was just a little too happy about Hewlett being seized. -- I keep telling myself I shouldn't like Andre this much, but I don't listen. -- It was probably done with soap, but the snow scene was incredible. -- Simcoe claiming to have feelings and not be a monster when Anna comes to apologize made me shudder. -- Mary's head looks too big for her body. -- Blech. That kiss Simcoe took from Anna before setting off to "rescue" Hewlett.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP