Sunday, June 7, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 22

Checking in for the week of May 31 through June 6.

WHAT I READ |
The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes (Diane Chamberlain) - It's been a while since I read a book I had to struggle to put down. It was an easy read, but extremely engaging. The characters were well-developed and likable despite their flaws. I found in fascinating to watch the ripple effect of a single decision and how it affected not just the one character responsible for the decision, but all of them. This book did well with fleshing out the heart of the story, as well as providing open-ended resolution, which, for my preferences is nearly impossible to obtain with any sense of satisfaction.
N is for Noose (Sue Grafton) - So very close to being finished with this one, which will be number fifteen completed toward my 2015 goal of 40!

WHAT WE ATE|
We were in heavy sandwich mode this week. Fish sandwiches with homemade tartar sauce -- fresh dill, man! Grilled cheese (with a big ol' slice of tomato tucked in between those melty layers -- fun fact: T always asks me what kind of cheese I want, but I leave it up to him, because he is the king of all things cheese in the realm of us. Pulled pork sandwiches -- the pork slow cooks all days and just about melts in your mouth by dinnertime.

WHAT I BOUGHT/TRIED/ACCOMPLISHED|
I renewed a subscription to a cooking magazine... I think that's it?

CANDLE SCENTS|
Meadow Showers (YC) - I'm a little sad this one is all gone now.
Red Raspberry (YC) - Oh. My. Goodness. Early summer in a candle jar.
Garden Hideaway (YC) - I get easily overwhelmed by floral scents. This one is so perfect though. Like standing in a flower garden, first thing in the morning, after it rained overnight. A little bit of flowers, a little bit green, and a good dose of freshness.
Willow Breeze (YC) - This one has been retired forever and I love it so much, I just couldn't make myself use the last one in my stash. I finally gave in, mostly because I was afraid that by the time I lit it, it would have no scent left at all, and that would make me even more sad than burning the last one. It's so fresh and clean, but very subtle.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
I'm pretty much a sucker for anything Peanuts.


New month, new calendar page! I am officially thrilled that I did not like a single one of the Red Sox wall calendars for 2015 and was forced in a different direction for my work calendar. I am loving the artwork on this one.


Clouds and rain and NOT in the 90s. Bliss.


Sun beams and big puffy clouds. (No u-turns, though.)


These were my Gram's favorite. I can't eat one without thinking of her.


Our phone system at work got hit by lightning. Waving goodbye to this antique.


Stormy weather,


Here comes the rain again.


Deluge! (I like fun words.)


Sky on fire. I have something of a love affair with the Florida sky. This probably could have gone without saying.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP