Sunday, May 31, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 21

Checking in for the week of May 24 through May 30.

WHAT I READ |
Murder on Embassy Row (Margaret Truman) - I really enjoyed this book. The action was fast-paced, but not so much so that it became difficult to keep up. The characters were likable, the story was well-layered, and I was left guessing until the truth was revealed. An easy but fun read.
The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes (Diane Chamberlain) - I cannot remember the last time a book had me this sucked in

WHAT WE ATE|
Brats and potato salad. A spaghetti dinner for a fundraiser. BLTs. And a new recipe for lemon and herb brined chicken (which I really need to get up on my recipe blog so we can find it again) that we had with rice and roasted radishes.

WHAT I BOUGHT/TRIED/ACCOMPLISHED|
I accomplished a paid holiday from work. Does that count?

CANDLE SCENTS|
Meadow Showers (YC)
Vanilla Cupcake (YC) - So delicious!
Buttercream (YC) - Cupcakes need frosting, right?
Tulips (YC) - Another one of the floral scents I can tolerate.
Good Morning (YC) - This one made me what a streusel covered coffee cake for breakfast.
Clean Cotton (YC) - Clean and fresh. This is an old favorite, classic standby. I get a handful of these every year. Sometimes the house just needs freshening up when we're shuttered up tight for the six months of stifling heat and humidity.
Lavender Vanilla (YC) - Two of my favorite soft relaxing scents in one tidy little votive candle.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
I arrived at the house after work and this guy was none to pleased that I was disturbing his hunting. I got the stare-down when I made a move to get out of my car. Rude.


We call this one Lizzie. She hangs out on the window ledge.


Such a strange sky. Heavy steel grey clouds held back by a glowing coral shelf.


Pretty difficult to argue with a day that starts out looking like this.


One cloud, glowing from within.


Currently in my husband's workshop.


So gross. But so funny. (T tossed them into our stockpot to flavor the batch of chicken broth he was making to restock our deep freeze,)


Bubble, bubble.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP