Sunday, May 17, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 19

Checking in for the week of May 10 through May 16.

WHAT I READ |
One Good Turn (Kate Atkinson) - Dark and gritty, I didn't really find any of the characters all that likable. But what I did appreciate was the way all the characters fit together, some in obvious ways, revealed early, other in ways that were more surprising but a good twist. I did, kind of, feel that as the last piece clicked into place, it was a bit underwhelming, but the story was never boring. There were a ton of characters, but I expected as much, this being the second in a series, and I will likely pick up the next installment, at some point.
Murder on Embassy Row (Margaret Truman) - Just cracking this one open.

WHAT WE ATE|
T made up his macaroni salad and his cucumber salad this week. We paired the former with grilled chicken sandwiches and hot dogs the first part of the week, and the latter with crab cakes and tilapia to close out the week. We also had kielbasa with pierogies and sauerkraut, and went out to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse.

WHAT I BOUGHT/TRIED/ACCOMPLISHED|
What I'm trying is an adjusted version of this prompt. A lot of what I accomplish from week to week is regular housework, which, meh. Who wants to hear about how I did laundry and vacuumed?

CANDLE SCENTS|
Meadow Showers (YC) - This is a large jar. We'll be at this one for a while.
Sweet Violet (YC) - Man, I've had this little beauty in my stash for ages. I've been making a point of using up my "last ones" of discontinued favorites before they lose their scent. I'm super picky about florals but I just really like this little lovely in the springtime.
Beach Wood (YC) - I have such a love-hate relationship with this scent. I don't ever buy more than one, because I like it, but it's just a bit on the perfume-y side and by the time I finish this votive, I'm not ready for another until the following spring.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
Dragonfly, perched on my car door when I came out of Target.


T made us a batch of beef jerky over the weekend. I suppose I could have tried to make this a prettier shot, but really, T's jerky is very yummy and I just wanted to get to the part where I was eating it.


Aforementioned macaroni salad and chicken sandwich. I keep *trying* to convince T that half a chicken breast half is enough for me, when pounded flat for a sandwich. As you can, I am failing in this endeavor.


Tiniest. Lizard. Ever. Look at him compared to the width of a grout line!


I was rather fascinated by all the different types of clouds going on here.


Longhorn.

2 with their own thoughts:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, July 16, 2015 11:23:00 AM  

Pretty dragonfly, I would not have been able to snap that picture, I'm sure it would have flown off for me! We have a batch of baby lizards in my backyard, I keep seeing one that is not even an inch long, I thing. Must be baby season!

Yummy food! We had a new Longhorn open up near us recently. Well, it's been 6 months now, I guess. We've been a couple of times, but I've yet to have a steak! Just went again last Sunday after church and I had a salad and that sucker was huge!

What does Troy put in his macaroni salad? I'm getting hungry for some pasta salad, maybe this is enough to inspire me to make some :)

Have a fantastic day!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, July 17, 2015 10:31:00 AM  

Stacy: I stood a bit away from the dragonfly and zoomed in to get the pic, which is why it's so grainy, but I knew he'd never let me get close enough for a good one! Ha! I really need to get his recipe to put up on my recipe blog. Thanks for reminding me! =D

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP