Friday, January 2, 2015

2014: Wishlist Reprise

Let's see how I did on my 2014 Wishlist, shall we?

1. I think I want to work on acquiring my passport. I don't have any plans to leave the country or anything, but I like being able to show a form of id that isn't my social security card. Not so much. I don't even have a good reason, other than I mostly forgot about it, and the few times it crossed my mind, I was doing something like sitting in an airplane or waiting in line at Disney, and couldn't actually act on the thought...and then I forgot about it, again.

2. Last year's goal of commenting on ten blog posts per day ended up feeling a bit out of reach in practice. I think I will shoot for three to start. Fail. I was perpetually three weeks behind on reading and too self-conscious to "admit that openly" by commenting when I read.

3. I *will* be current on my feed reader, within two to three days. A couple of times, I got within two weeks...and then it slipped away again.

4. I'd like to try for at least one new recipe each month. We missed two out of ten months, but totaled twenty new recipes, so I count this as a success!

5. Lest I bite off more than I can chew again, I think, perhaps, completing one Pinterest project each season is a good place to start. I really just wasn't into using Pinterest for project collection in 2014. It was really more just a place for me to gather ideas for home decorating.

6. This year's reading goal: forty books! I made it to 34, but, in my defense, two of those books were in the +700 page category, which should count as two books, in my humble opinion, so that number really would have been 36. I knew I was pushing it with 40, but how else do we challenge ourselves, if not by seeing just how far we can reach?

7. I'd like to complete another photo-a-day project, but I think I'd like to try out my own format this year... Wild success. I didn't miss a single day! And I loved the format I created for myself.

8. Find some "things" to hang on the walls in our house. I hesitate to say "artwork," because I feel like that indicates paintings or something. I don't think that's my taste, for the most part. But I love the few things we've put up so far and I want to find some more things to dress up our empty walls. I've gathered some ideas but I have yet to pull the trigger. Mostly due to the expense. I need to start thinking of it in terms of baby steps. I don't need them all at once. At least I know what I'd like now!

9. I *will* tackle my old nemesis: The Stack of Magazines. I'm done seeing this on my list. Done, I tell you! I managed to stay current, as in there are currently no 2014 issues hanging around. They were all browsed, ideas were collected or used, and then went promptly into recycling when the next month's issue arrived. It's the backlog that's taunting me still. I'm telling myself that the pile didn't grow, even if it went down less than I hoped. 

10. I'm not sure how lofty I can make this goal, but I'd like to scan in...oh...a hundred of my old photos? The final tally was 41. It took longer than I anticipated, mostly because I didn't factor in any editing. I'm pleased with what I accomplished though.

2 with their own thoughts:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, January 08, 2015 8:49:00 PM  

I think you did a great job! That was a long list of fairly lofty goals and you did a ton of them :) Are you doing this again for 2015?! :)

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 09, 2015 8:48:00 AM  

I am, Stacy! I'm still finalizing my list though. =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP