Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturdays Are for Weddings: 23 Weeks

I was so excited when September 30 fell on a Friday in 2011...until I remembered that 2012 had a Leap Year, causing September 30 to jump over Saturday to Sunday.

Why the fascination with September 30?

My beloved Gram and Gramp were married on September 30, 1940. I thought I would get the opportunity to honor these two amazing people, who were a model marriage from which to learn, by making my own vows 72 years later. Alas (aside: the word 'alas' does not get used nearly enough!), the calendar would not cooperate, and due to the fact that nearly all our guests will be traveling to attend, one day shy of September 30 will have to do.

I only wish my Gram and Gramp were still here to share in this day. Instead, I will feel them in my heart and know they are looking down on me, and I will find small ways to weave small tributes to their memories into this day.

2 with their own thoughts:

Desert Songbird Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:04:00 AM  

Close enough, Dawn. Close enough. :) It's all good.

penuttpie Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:44:00 PM  

This made me cry. I can't think of a wedding without being reminded that my Dad won't be able to walk me down the isle one day.

So simple. So pretty. So heartfelt.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP