Monday, April 2, 2012

A Day in the Life: April 2, 2012

G & I made a pact that we would blog more regularly. And then we decided to both do "a day in the life" posts. G did hers, so it's my turn now!

5:50am - I am awake. Exactly six hours after I fell asleep. My internal clock is so predictable.

5:57am - Out of bed to brush my teeth.

6:00am - Shut off the alarm on my phone. I can't even remember the last time I actually needed it to wake me. I just feel better, knowing it's set. Head out to the living room to snuggle with T and watch the morning news til he leaves at 6:15.

6:15am - Say goodbye to T. Start an episode of Rachael Ray on the DVR (I can only take so much news first thing in the morning and Rachael is so cheerful). Check my email, Twitter and Facebook while I finish waking up.

6:45am - Pause Rachael and head to the bedroom to get ready for the day. I have the best view while I shower, but it's a bit foggy this morning.

7:00am - Put The Today Show on the bedroom tv while I dress, make the bed,

do my hair

and put on my makeup.

Wash my makeup brushes. (I wash my loose powder/blush brush once a week, because I am blessed with oily skin, but I wash my eye makeup brushes on the first of every month. I forgot yesterday, so I am doing it today.)

7:15am - Ready for work! Bedroom tv off. Back to the living room to un-pause Rachael. Pour my morning glass of juice. Always pure unsweetened cranberry mixed with something else. Right now, it's no-sugar-added 100% apple juice. (I switch it up between apple and pineapple.) And I can't drink it any earlier, because pure cranberry juice, even mixed with something else, tastes terrible with freshly brushed teeth. Like "spit it out" terrible.

7:40am - Power down the tv and my laptop. Pull my lunch out of the refrigerator. Set the alarm and head out the door. Still foggy!

7:57am - Woohoo! Easy commute despite the (seriously dense) fog! Power up the work computer and put my lunch in the refrigerator.

8:15am - Eat breakfast at my desk while I get my computer set up for work.

8:30am-Noon - Answer the phone. File some paperwork. Get interrupted. Check my email, Facebook, Twitter. Print delivery tickets. Play Words With Friends. Ask a co-worker to please wait before printing a new order. Clean up the subsequent mess when he does not listen to me. Reload a printer with more paper. Process payment for a customer making a pick-up. Repeat repeat repeat.

(insert) 10:00am - Time for the third phase of my breakfast! (What am I? A hobbit?) But I have all my important food groups covered now: fruit (juice), dairy (yogurt), and now grains. What can I say? I graze.

Noon - Lunch!

12:05pm - Lunch interrupted.

12:15pm - Second attempt at lunch. Answer the phone every time I take a bite. Read some blogs.

12:55pm-3:00pm - Back to work. Answer the phone. Answer questions. Answer texts. Tell a sales rep how to make a photo copy. Un-jam the copier. Print delivery tickets. Input approved time off into the calendar. Get interrupted. Check my email, Facebook, Twitter. Repeat repeat repeat.

3:00pm - Print the new orders. Match them with the corresponding purchase orders, prints and other assorted documentation. File. Put copies in the production manager's mailbox. Print a report. Put a copy in the shipping manager's mail box. Get interrupted by the phone.

3:40pm - Match up office copies of the delivery tickets for the day's shipments. Cross check them with the shipping log spreadsheet. Set up each shipment with an invoice and enter any shipping charges. Run the batch of invoices. Match the invoices with the corresponding delivery ticket and the hard copy of the paperwork from my files. Get interrupted by the phone.

4:10pm - Stuff invoices into envelopes. Run them through the postage meter. Laugh at how boring my day is going to sound. Post the day's new orders and invoices to close out the day. Gather the invoice packets and reports and stick them in the general manager's mailbox.

4:25pm - Power down my computer and head out for the post office.

5:05pm - Pull into the driveway. Am greeted at the door by this lovely. (And T, on the couch.)

5:15pm - Start putting away my things. Get changed into comfy clothes. Power up my laptop. Take a couple of photos (Photo of the Day!). Relax for a few minutes with T while we watch some Around the Horn on ESPN.

5:50pm - Check my daily tasks checklist to see what the day's housecleaning project will be. (I use a method called "Clean House in 30 Minutes a Day" that gives a couple of tasks each day. The idea is that if you follow the list, you never have to spend a whole weekend cleaning endlessly.) Oh goody. It's bathroom cleaning day. (Careful. Don't slip in that puddle of sarcasm.) I clean the bathrooms while T works on dinner.

6:20pm - Eat dinner while watching the news.

6:45pm - T cooked so I take care of cleaning up the kitchen.

7:15pm-9:45pm - Crash on the couch. TV is on (Big Bang Theory rerun. Jeopardy. Marlins/Yankees Spring Training game). Laptop is at hand. Play on Facebook. Play Words With Friends. Chat with T. Read some blogs. Chat on Twitter. Start building this blog post. Have my evening glass of grape juice.

9:50pm - T heads to bed. Time to watch one of my shows from the DVR (Private Practice, time to get to this one, it was from March 15. I make it 49 minutes into the episode before it has me crying.).

11:10pm - Finish this blog post and schedule it to publish. Read my evening devotion. Get my lunch bag ready for morning. Shut the house down for the night. Wash my face, brush my teeth, get into pajamas.

11:20pm - Climb into bed with my book.

11:50pm (or sooner) - Lights out. Sleepy girl.

1 with their own thoughts:

Janet Tuesday, April 03, 2012 10:44:00 AM  

It's interesting to get a glimpse of what life is like for others :-) Well written!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP