Thursday, November 6, 2008

the readers take the wheel: October 2008 - the answers

yeah... ummm... so...

about those questions. i may have gotten temporarily sidetracked. sorry about that. ::looks sheepish::

Janet asks: "Why is it cute when dogs gently snore, but irritating when humans do it?"
well... i'm suspect that the "cute factor" plays into that a *lot*. animals & babies get away with a lot of things that are irritating in humans (once they pass the age of toddlerhood).

Krystyn spins off of Janet's question with: "Why is it funny/cute when babies fart, but not either when it's an adult? Ewww!!"
heh. because just a fart from a baby means you don't have a diaper to change? ;-)

Bart wants to know: "Did you just steal my faithful few schtick?"
heck, no! i don't steal. hmph. i've been referring to my "faithful few" since way back in the early days.

Gail asked the following:
Does your family read your blog?
i think my brother does, occasionally. or if it's more than occasionally, then he reads more than he comments, which is fine. my dad doesn't like computers. i don't think his wife is aware that i have one. i don't believe my mother is either. if any of my other family members do, they haven't revealed themselves.
Do you read every day?
i read *something* every day. a blog. an article online. part of a book. a magazine. i can't recall the last time i went a day without reading something for pleasure.
How long is your drive to work?
it's just over nine miles between work & home. it should only take me fifteen minutes, but there is always traffic so it ends up taking me almost a half hour.
What is your dream job?
(almost) anything that would allow me to be at every Red Sox game. or a privately hired Disney tour guide. =)

Rebecca poses these questions:
1. What do you do for a living?
i work for a small company that manufactures a lot of custom-made products out of metal, rubber and/or urethane. our most recognizable claim to fame is roller coaster wheels. i work in the office.
2. What do you do for fun?
i have annual passes for both Disney World and SeaWorld--in addition to enjoying the parks, i love that i am able to be outside in the nice weather, have opportunities to play with my camera, people watch. when it's not the Summer, i am usually there at least once a month, sometimes more. i also like to go to baseball games (big surprise huh? LOL), play around with my camera, read, go to movies. (i feel like i'm writing a personal ad...)
3. Do you think you'll ever move back up to the North East?
i don't rule it out, but it's not something i am actively thinking about. i didn't think i would end up living in Florida, after all! i love it up there & lots of my favorite people & places are there, but... i really like not having to deal with Winter. it's something i am asked with a fair anount of regularity though! ;-)
4. What is the one thing about your childhood that makes you smile the most.
how lucky i was to be able to spend so much time with my (paternal) grandparents when i was growing up. i had an awesome childhood.
and also: mind if I copy it at some point?
not at all! i never mind sharing my blog ideas! (and actually, i'm sure this isn't original! i've seen it done in various forms on lots of blogs.)

Mega inquires: "Why are green beans so disgusting?"
for the same reason bananas are!

Ted is wondering: "Who is your favorite Red Sox player of all time? And why?"
i didn't really have a favorite growing up. just rooted for the Sox. (my favorite baseball player as a child was Cal Ripken Jr.) my actual favorite Red Sox player though? i think it would be Trot Nixon. he always personified what i thought playing in Boston should be. to this day, i always "judge" a Red Sock by how he would measure up to Trot, not by the stats but by the way he played.

Bickley asks, along the same theme: "What is your most memorable Red Sox moment?"
Joe Castiglione calling the final out of the 2004 World Series. i have it on my desktop background here at work & every time i read it, i can hear his voice in my head and it *still* gives me chills.

Catie Pearl follows the theme but from a different angle by asking: "Who is your least favorite devil ray ever?"
oh man... this is NOT easy. there's Johnny Gomes who is a thug. there's Dioner whose name (that's not really a name) bugs me. there's Carl Crawford who i am so freaking tired of hearing about how he is the fastest player ever to play the game, maybe even the fastest man to ever live [insert eye roll here]. there's Aki & Carlos Pena who are just irritating players (probably because they're actually pretty good, but they're like Youk & Pedroia--the kind of players you hate unless they play for your team). and then there's Jason-I-Don't-Get-Out-Of-The-Way-At-The-Plate-Barlett. and Matt Garza, does he *ever* stop spitting?? there's BJ Upton... Evan Longoria... Grant Balfour... Andy Sonnanstine... James Shields... Scott Kazmir... it probably would be easier to ask me who i actually *do* like (Eric Hinske). but is *anyone* more annoying than those two asshats they have on tv???

And I had to pick just a few from JMP. ;-)
Does any one miss Julio Lugo?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! i hear the White Sox & Tigers are showing some interest in him though, if the Sox will eat some of his contract. i say we pay for the rest of it as long as one of them just *takes* him.
Will Tek be Soxless in 2009?
Tek will *always* wear his socks properly. ;-) ok, ok, i know what you're really asking: i hope not. but that will mean that there would have to be a little give from the Sox because of what Tek means to the organization & what he contributes, and a little bit on Tek's part as well as far maybe taking a little less than what Boras claims he's worth (which, truthfully, i think any team would be out of their minds to pay). if they can come up with a 2-year contract with an option for a third year, maybe with some performance bonuses, i think Tek will be back. in my opinion Tek should retire with Boston, with a little compromise from both sides.
If Disney is the Happiest Place on Earth then why do they charge 2.50 + for a bottled water?
because it's a lot better than the $4/bottle at Busch Gardens and SeaWorld.
If you could adopt a Sox player, who would it be??
since you used the word 'adopt' i have to go with Jon Lester. ;-)
Are the Rays the new Yankees?
as far as dislikability, yes--although, for me, this is NOT new. if you mean *are* they the new Yankees, all around? i would need to see more than one season in which they even break the .500 mark. the Yankees have at least earned their notoriety, whether or not one actually likes them.

7 with their own thoughts:

Bickley Friday, November 07, 2008 4:58:00 AM  

Good answer for your favorite moment. When the Dropkick Murphys put "Tessie" on "The Warrior's Code" cd, they added that play call to the beginning of the song. For a long time, I had his call from the last out of the '07 series as my ring tone on my phone. One night, I was at a Texas Rangers Q&A meeting and it went off. Oops. Nobody hit me. "Can you believe it??"

Bickley Friday, November 07, 2008 5:00:00 AM  

Oh, and one more thing...if we could adopt a player, it would surely be Jacoby Ellsbury. My wife already calls him her "son." Heh.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, November 07, 2008 10:25:00 AM  

Bickley: If I had that ringtone, I would have the same problem I have now with "Sweet Caroline" -- when someone calls me, I don't want to answer because I want to hear my ringtone! =P

gail@more than a song Saturday, November 08, 2008 11:58:00 AM  

That was fun! You'd make an awesome Disney guide and what a job that would be. Roller coaster wheels as your company's claim to fame, interesting!

Reverend Ref + Monday, November 10, 2008 10:20:00 AM  

How long is your drive to work?
it's just over nine miles between work & home. it should only take me fifteen minutes, but there is always traffic so it ends up taking me almost a half hour.


30 Minutes to go NINE MILES???

Just . . . wow.

This, more than anything, makes me glad I live in Montana.

Mega Monday, November 10, 2008 9:12:00 PM  

Follow-up question, if the White Sox are the Right Sox, what does that make the Red Sox?

lololololololzzz

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:57:00 AM  

Gail: It would be the best job ever.

Rev: It frustrates me to *no* *end* that 9 miles takes that long to drive.

Mega: We've been over this. The operative word in your question is 'if' because we all know the White Sox are *not* the Right Sox. *If* they were though, that would make the Red Sox the Best Sox.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP