Saturday, November 1, 2008

actions speak louder than words.


i don't talk politics. it's a hard & fast personal rule, because people get ugly with each other & i tend to avoid situations where i will be on the receiving end of such abrasiveness. yesterday, after work, i took advantage of early voting, hoping that the lines would be shorter than they had been, considering it was Halloween. i waited about an hour... and then i did all the speaking i needed to:

i made my voice heard by voting.

after all, it is my firm opinion that you have no right to be critical of your government if you don't first use your voice by voting.

6 with their own thoughts:

Debi Sunday, November 02, 2008 6:11:00 AM  

Good for you, Dawn! Wish we could "early vote" here. So we'll be standing in line for hours on Tuesday...but stand in line we will!

*krystyn* Sunday, November 02, 2008 6:34:00 AM  

Yay for early voting..I didn't get a sticker though. Boo Hoo!

Ted D Sunday, November 02, 2008 2:28:00 PM  

//it is my firm opinion that you have no right to be critical of your government if you don't first use your voice by voting.//

Amen.

Jeanne Sunday, November 02, 2008 5:13:00 PM  

Good for you Dawn and so very true. We don't have early voting here in Mass. so I'll be there on Tuesday. Our polling place is right next door to where I live so will be interesting to observe all the people.

carmilevy Sunday, November 02, 2008 9:49:00 PM  

Amen. Thank you for weighing in on my similarly-themed rant on my blog earlier today. Looks like this issue is near and dear to many. Good. I wish more of us shared your passion for doing our part to support democracy.

Heather Monday, November 03, 2008 10:24:00 AM  

my goal is to vote tomorrow. we shall see what 2 small children allow me to do! (hoping in this small town in the middle of the day there won't be a wait that long)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP